IOM Head of Programmes Jobs 2022 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. IOM Ethiopia looking for “Head of Programmes“. Applicants with a degree in Masters Degree may apply on or before 7th Dec 2022.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 174 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM Head of Programmes Jobs 2022
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on 24th Nov 2022 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Head of Programmes to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||International Organization for Migration (IOM)|
|Position||Head of Programmes|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Ten years|
|Application Deadline||7th Dec 2022|
IOM Job Vacancy 2022
- Oversee the formulation of country strategies, policies and approaches across IOM’s operational portfolio, d identify and develop new programmes to address emerging needs while ensuring systematic implementation capacity, in close coordination with the Programme Support Unit (PSU).
- In close coordination with the CoM, establish and oversee partnerships and sustained engagement with existing and potential programme partners, including Civil Society Organizations and Non-Government Organizations, the private sector, Multi-National Enterprises and Ethiopia Senior Government officials, agencies and donors with a view to identifying needs and priorities across the migration management spectrum for cooperation and project development as well as for fundraising purposes.
- Support the mission in implementing a robust communication strategy to promote the IOM Ethiopia priorities and objectives as well as ensure a sound Monitoring and Evaluation system is in place in order to achieve timely and effective implementation of project activities.
- Identify and advise on how coordination mechanisms at the field/sub-national level can be better linked to the national level and made more efficient and flexible to address the evolving nature of humanitarian and transition interventions in Ethiopia.
- Work in close collaboration with the CoM and relevant partners, to ensure that all interventions – humanitarian action, transition/recovery durable solutions and development activities – are all interlinked as per the Humanitarian–Development- Peace Nexus.
- Provide rigorous review and competent advice to the CoM on the overall performance of the programmes to ensure effectiveness, coherence, and integrity in implementation.
- Supervise and provide oversight and guidance to Programme Support Unit(PSU) on matters linked to project development and reporting on delivery, as well as monitoring and evaluation of projects to ensure an effective Results Based Management approach in all mission programming.
- In close coordination with the Resource Management Unit (RMU), and respective Programme Managers, ensure compliance of all projects with IOM and donor regulations, policies and obligations as indicated in the funding agreements, project documents, work plans and budgets.
- Supervise and promote fluid information-sharing and coordination among programmatic, resource management and programme support teams.
- Contribute to building the capacities of IOM staff in the thematic areas through on-the-job mentoring and training opportunities.
- In close consultation with the CoM, coordinate IOM’s active engagement with United Nations Country Team (UNCT) / Humanitarian Country Team (HCT) inter-agency mechanisms for the development and implementation of the United Nations Sustainable Development Partnership Framework (UNSDPF) and the humanitarian strategy and lead the coordination of the country level UN Migration Network with IOM as the Secretariat.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title : Head of Programmes
- Duty Station : Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P5
- Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Closing Date : 07 December 2022
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Law and/or International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with ten years of relevant professional experience;
- Proven International experience managing migration related programmes in multiple thematic areas covering emergency, stabilization and development programmes including capacity-building activities;
- Experience in project development, administration, evaluation, and resource mobilization in challenging donor environments.
How to Apply IOM Head of Programmes Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_apply?PARAM=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDAwRDNBQUE5N0RDMUVERDlBRjJEOEUyNTE5RTgxMjcmY2FuZF90eXBlPUVYVA%3d%3d&sap-wd-configid=ZHRRCF_A_POSTING_APPLY&sap-theme=iom_corbu&sap-client=100&sap-language=EN#
The Closing Date: 7th Dec 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click To View|
|Related Jobs||Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|