IOM Media and Communications Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
IOM Ethiopia looking for “Media and Communications Coordinator”.
Applicants with a degree in Masters Degree may apply on or before 7th June 2023.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 174 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM Media and Communications Coordinator Jobs 2023
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on 26th May 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Media and Communications Coordinator to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|International Organization for Migration (IOM)
|Media and Communications Coordinator
|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum Five years
|7th June 2023
IOM Job Vacancy 2023
- Fine-tune and implement a Media and Communications Strategy for IOM Ethiopia to prominently position the organization as the lead UN organization working on migration related issues with donors, partners, media agencies and the Ethiopian public Supervise Media and Communications Unit staff, including multimedia assistants, national/international media and communications officers, and consultants. Identify and fill department Human Resources needs.
- Lead Media and Communications Unit staff in production of high-quality content (human-interest stories, photographs, videos, and more) about IOM activities in Ethiopia, for national and international audiences.
- Ensure that Media and Communications content is clear and concise, and produced with respect for informed consent and the dignity/privacy/wellbeing of project participants and communities.
- Take responsibility for managing content on IOM Ethiopia and Special Liaison Office Addis Ababa social media accounts and other communications platforms, ensuring that it meets IOM standards and guidelines for video, story and photo production.
- Contribute to the development of project proposals and reporting by incorporating considerations relating to communication outputs and relevant budgets. Manage visibility budgets for donor projects and identify priority areas to fulfil visibility requirements.
- In close coordination with the Chief of Mission, the Program Support Unit and programme managers, supervise the writing, editing and production of timely press releases, material for the global and country websites, newsletters and other media channels in clear and concise English. Oversee translation to Amharic and other local/regional languages as needed.
- Field media enquiries and be available for interviews about IOM Ethiopia’s work with print, radio, and broadcast media outlets.
- Provide internally coordinated guidance and talking points (Lines to Take, etc.) to colleagues in the mission, at Headquarters and in Regional Office (RO) Nairobi regarding on-going media requests, interview opportunities and crisis communications, when necessary.
- Develop and strengthen links with local, regional and international media to promote IOM’s work and improve the mission’s reputation as a reliable actor in country.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title : Media and Communications Coordinator
- Duty Station : Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
- Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, nine months with possibility of
- Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Closing Date : 07 June 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or a related field from an accredited academic institution
- Minimum Five Years Experience.
- Experience as a writer, editor and content producer/manager in international Journalism and/or public information roles, preferably in the East and Horn of Africa Region
- UN experience and or International organization experience
How to Apply IOM Media and Communications Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_apply?PARAM=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDAwRDNBQUE5N0RDMUVEREJFREE4RjI1OUY4RjgxMjkmY2FuZF90eXBlPUVYVA%3d%3d&sap-wd-configid=ZHRRCF_A_POSTING_APPLY&sap-theme=iom_corbu&sap-client=100&sap-language=EN#
The Closing Date: 7th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Click To View
|Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2023
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy