Save the Children Communications and Media Officer Jobs 2021 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. Save the Children Ethiopia looking for ” Communications and Media Officer“. Applicants with a degree in University degree may apply on or before 2nd June 2021.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in around 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children strives to achieve a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. We work to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Across all of our work, we pursue several core values: accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity.
Save the Children Communications and Media Officer Jobs 2021
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 20th May 2021 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Communications and Media Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||Save the Children|
|Position||Communications and Media Officer|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||2nd June 2021|
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2021
Skills And Behaviours: Accountability: Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values. Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
Position in Organization:
- GRADE: 4A
- Duration of Contract – 1 year (Renewable)
- Date advertised: 13 May 2021
- Closing date: 24 May 2021 – 23:59 EAT
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Department: Communications and Media
- Type: Fixed-term contract
- Schedule: Full-time
- University degree in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience.
- At least two years of relevant experience in a credible media organisation OR equivalent experience in Communications and/or Media in government, media agency, private sector or humanitarian or development agency.
- Experience of leading communications and media activities in a challenging environment and a good knowledge of the Ethiopia media scene, networks, and media contacts
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the external media situation in Ethiopia as it pertains to international NGO
- Evidence of excellent verbal and written communication skills producing high quality English-language materials for a wide range of different audiences including donors, journalists and the ‘general public’
- Excellent writing skills, and the ability to produce compelling media products in English, such as press releases, key messages, speaking points and Q&As
- The ability to digest complex information, quickly, and express this crisply and clearly
- Highly organized and able to solve problems quickly
- Excellent relationship building skills within and outside of Save the Children
- An initiative-taking, proactive, inspiring attitude with the ability to manage and prioritise an unpredictable workload and solve problems quickly with limited support
- Experience of delivering training, presentations and other capacity building activities to varied audiences, ideally within a country programme.
- Excellent IT skills with understanding of effective visual communications for diverse audiences
- Excellent understanding of communications, media and campaigning activities
- Experience in multimedia content development; photography and video production and editing
- Strong influencing skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy, and the ability to advise on sensitive issues
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus, and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Selection Process: Written test and Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Save the Children Communications and Media Officer Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://ethiopia.savethechildren.net/careers/details?jid=63680
The Closing Date: 2nd June 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|