SOS Children’s Villages Regional Research and Knowledge Management Advisor Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia looking for “Regional Research and Knowledge Management Advisor“. Applicants with a degree in Masters Degree may apply on or before 1st March 2023.
SOS Children’s Villages started in 1949 with an innovative idea. Hermann Gmeiner, a child welfare advocate from Austria, recognized a problem thousands of children in post-war Europe had lost their families, and orphanages presented them with the prospect of a grim institutional childhood. His solution was to develop a model of family-like care – providing children with security and a sense of belonging by building reliable and resilient relationships.
SOS Children’s Villages Regional Research and Knowledge Management Advisor Jobs 2023
The SOS Children’s Villages has published a job vacancy announcement on 21st Feb 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Regional Research and Knowledge Management Advisor to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||SOS Children’s Villages|
|Position||Regional Research and Knowledge Management Advisor|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Seven years|
|Application Deadline||1st March 2023|
SOS Children’s Villages Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to SOS Children’s Villages thought leadership with research insights on the evidence base on specific priorities and learning questions of interest.
- Lead development of high-quality research products – research protocols, ToRs, reports, summary briefs, methodologies, and tools for an international audience as per SOS Children’s Villages policies and standards, development industry and academia.
- Provide strong analysis and review of qualitative and quantitative data sets, recommendations, and secondary researches.
- Lead on specific pieces of evidence search, literature reviews, evidence mapping to answer specific learning questions as part of the various research initiatives under different funding modalities, including institutional partnership develeopment.
- Support project managers with development of research results chain, progress monitoring and tracking of budget utilization rates.
- Work with implementing partners and consultants on prioritized area of research that can be built into programming and harvest evidence and results.
- Coordinate implementation of research projects/activities (including that of the regional research charter), and support MAs to develop their own research charters, as defined in the regional and global research agenda.
- In coordination with the international office, support the social impact assessments in the region with quality reviews including selection of the external researchers, kick off/validation workshop, and review of reports.
- Implement the recommendations of the knowledge management strategy with a focus on documentation of outcomes, lessons, methodologies, communication, and adaptation.
- Be accountable for the KM strategy implementation by monitoring and reporting on progresses.
- Collect and collate raw data to identify key learnings and package for sharing with internal and external audience.
- In collaboration with the Communications team, produce and disseminate high quality learning products – promising practices, fact sheets, policy briefs, position papers, videos, etc.
- Document promising practices and innovations regularly, and facilitate processes for internal and external knowledge sharing (together with the M&E team) among national programme teams in the region.
- Build/maintain online repository of learning products and ensure effective dissemination to target audience.
- Promote an organizational culture of applying evidence and knowledge on projects and cross-learning for effective implementation of SOS care promise priorities.
- Package and disseminate knowledge for different audiences (colleagues and partners), this includes internal and external communication activities (speaking on workshops and conferences, writing of blogs, articles, case studies, and preparing panel discussions)
Position in Organization:
- Position title: Regional Research & Knowledge Management (KMR) Advisor
- Working location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Supervisor: Deputy Regional Director of Program
- Region: East and Southern Africa (ESAF)
- Contract Period: Indefinite
- Deadline: 1st March 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Science or Development studies, and other related studies.
- Relevant experience of at least seven years in the field of research, knowledge management, evaluations or related programme development is essential.
How to Apply SOS Children’s Villages Regional Research and Knowledge Management Advisor Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers-sos-kd.icims.com/jobs/1453/-/job?mobile=false&width=1140&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=330&jun1offset=330
The Closing Date: 1st March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click To View|
|Related Jobs||Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|