UNECA Chief of Payroll Jobs 2021 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Chief of Payroll”. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before 28th Nov 2021.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
UNECA Chief of Payroll Jobs 2021
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 19th Oct 2021 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Chief of Payroll to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa|
|Position||Chief of Payroll|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||28th Nov 2021|
UNECA Job Vacancy 2021
Under the supervision of the Chief of Finance and Budget Section, the Chief of the Payroll and Disbursement Unit will be responsible for the following duties:
- Manages, administers and approves ECA payroll by managing the administration of salaries, and reviewing the results to ensure accuracy, completeness and reason-ability;
- Manages insurance premiums, approves salary advances, rental advances and separation entitlements;
- Reviews and approves yearly pension participant reconciliation exception reports;
- Reviews and approves separation notifications upon the expiration of staff contracts;
- Liaises with Human Resources on a continuous basis to ensure that staff members records are complete and correct;
- Provides advice and guidance concerning the United Nations Financial Rules and Regulations, Accounting Instructions, Staffing Rules and Regulations and related administrative policies and practices;
- Coordinates and supervises the processing of payroll, vendor and travel claims, and other payments;
- Defines requirements and works with systems units with respect to production of relevant financial reports;
- Serves as local process experts in Umoja for payroll and staff benefit related modules and its troubleshooting.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Chief of Payroll, P3
- Job Code Title: CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 15 October 2021 – 28 November 2021
- Job Opening Number: 21-Finance-ECA-165361-R-Addis Ababa (G)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or Doctorate degree, or equivalent) in business administration, finance, accounting or related fields is required. A first-level degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the specified fields of studies with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) is desirable.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in accounting, finance, budget, administration and accounts payable is required.
- Knowledge of any ERP/SAP system or equivalent is desirable.
- Knowledge of payroll is desirable.
How to Apply UNECA Chief of Payroll Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=165361
The Closing Date: 28th Nov 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|