UNECA Chief of Section Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Chief of Section”.
Applicants with an Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 29th March, 2024.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
UNECA Chief of Section Jobs 2024
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 16th February, 2024 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Chief of Section to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)
|Chief of Section, ECONOMIC AFFAIRS
|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|Total Vacant Post
|Advanced University Degree
|Minimum Ten (10) years
|29th March, 2024
UNECA Job Vacancy 2024
- Provides policy guidance to the Chief of Branch/Service/Division, on conceptual strategy development and management of the implementation of overall strategies and intra and inter-divisional/departmental policies and procedures.
- Plans and oversees the management of activities undertaken by the Unit/Section; ensures that substantive work programmes and programmed activities are carried out in a timely fashion, coordinating diverse projects in the Unit/Section, and, in liaison with other organizations of the United Nations System, donors and agencies as appropriate.
- Manages, supervises and carries out the work programme of the Unit/Section under his/her responsibility. Coordinates the work carried out by the Unit/Section; provides programmatic and substantive reviews of drafts prepared by others.
- Provides substantive input in the preparation of position papers and reports for presentation to intergovernmental bodies such as the Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budget Questions, Committee for Programme Coordination, Economic and Social Council, the General Assembly and other policy-making organs, as appropriate.
- Contributes to the reporting to intergovernmental bodies on budget/programme performance or on programmatic/ substantive issues, as appropriate, particularly those presented in biannual and/or annual reports.
- Ensures that the outputs produced by the Unit/Section maintain high-quality standards; that reports are clear, objective and based on comprehensive data. Ensures that all outputs produced by the Unit/Section under his/her supervision meet required standards before completion to ensure they comply with the relevant mandates.
- Prepares inputs for the work programme of the Branch/Service/Division, determining priorities, and allocating resources for the completion of outputs and their timely delivery.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: CHIEF OF SECTION, ECONOMIC AFFAIRS
- Job Opening ID: 224852
- Job Network: Economic, Social and Development
- Job Family: Economic Affairs (and Sustainable Development)
- Category and Level: Professional and Higher Categories, P-5
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Date Posted: Feb 14, 2024
- Deadline: Mar 29, 2024
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in economics, business or public administration, finance, accounting, law or related area is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A PhD is an advantage.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in economic policy-oriented research and analysis, policy formulation and advice, and application of economic principles in development programmes, administration, budget, finance, human resources management, or related fields is required.
- Experience in development planning is desirable.
- Experience in developing countries context is desirable.
- Experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- Referred Publications in the area of economics and social development is an advantage.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations (UN) Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English or French, is required; knowledge of the other is desirable. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
How to Apply UNECA Chief of Section Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/jobSearchDescription/224852?language=en
The Closing Date: 29th March, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy