UNECA Communications Officer Jobs 2022 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Communications Officer”. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 10th Aug 2022.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
UNECA Communications Officer Jobs 2022
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 1st July 2022 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Communications Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced University Degree|
|Experience Required||Minimum Seven years|
|Application Deadline||10th Aug 2022|
UNECA Job Vacancy 2022
Responsibilities: Within delegated authority, the main responsibility of the incumbent is to lead, advise and support the development and integration of communications and public advocacy into ECA’s work in a systematic, coherent and effective manner.
- Advocacy: Takes the lead in policy advocacy strategies, including planning, development and implementation of related large or complex communication activities that could include rolling out initiatives at the Subregional level on critical ECA’s policy recommendations and analyses.
- Works in close collaboration with key Divisions, Subregional Offices and partners to implement system-wide advocacy activities and to incorporate the key messages and themes into major ECA’s events and products.
- Provides advice and expertise to managers, senior officers and other public information staff on a range of public policy issues, methods, and approaches; anticipates and resolves communications/public relations issues/problems.
- Develops strategic partnerships with key constituencies to elicit support for and maximize impact of public advocacy; and serves as liaison to media partners.
- Prepares or oversees preparation of a diverse range of information communications products, including well-crafted media pitches, social media messaging in support of major ECA’s initiatives.
- Drafts complex material for newsletters, periodicals and reports and edits drafts prepared by junior officers.
- Evaluates results and impact of communications and public advocacy activities as related to policy and reports on developments, trends (including Social Media) and policy influence
- regarding the ECA.
- May represent the institution in meetings and conferences; and makes presentations to groups on UN activities and advocate issues of concern; organizes media coverage and media briefings, interviews; organizes requisite seminars, lectures, and public events on major issues and events in relation to policy advocacy.
- Builds information networks; supports the maintenance of web content and social media platforms.
- Assists in the day-to-day operation of the section to include participating in coordination of substantive and administrative activities of the section, interpreting and disseminating policy, providing procedural advice, reporting systems, handling operational and administrative reporting and queries, preparing budget submissions, establishing and/or coordinating training programmes and monitoring and evaluating results.
- May coordinate and direct a team of public information staff and/or mentor and supervise the work of junior officers on specific projects.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Communications Officer, P4
- Job Code Title: COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 27 June 2022 – 10 August 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-Public Information-ECA-182884-R-Addis Ababa (G)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or Doctorate degree, or equivalent) in political communication, journalism, international relations, public administration or related field is required. A first-level degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the specified fields of studies with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in communication and public advocacy, public information, journalism, political communication, or related social science area in an international organization is required.
- Experience with crafting and leading large-scale advocacy activities aimed at policy influence and adoption at the international level, especially on social and economic transformation issues is desirable.
- Experience working in an international context or multilateral institution is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in either language is required; and knowledge of the other is desirable. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply UNECA Communications Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=182884
The Closing Date: 10th Aug 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|