UNECA Meeting Services Assistant Jobs 2021 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Meeting Services Assistant”. Applicants with a degree in High School may apply on or before 31st Dec 2021.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
UNECA Meeting Services Assistant Jobs 2021
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 3rd Dec 2021 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Meeting Services Assistant to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa|
|Position||Meeting Services Assistant|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Seven years|
|Application Deadline||31st Dec 2021|
UNECA Job Vacancy 2021
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the general guidance of the Chief of Publications and Conference Management Section (PCMS), and the direct supervision of the Chief, Meeting Management and Interpretation Unit (MMIU) in the Publications and Conference Management Section (PCMS), the Individual Contractor shall perform the following specific duties:
- Processing timely administrative requirements for interpreters’ engagement by liaising with relevant divisions within the organization and with external clients.
- Facilitate interpreters’ timely recruitment for meetings using Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI) platforms
- Review the programme of work of upcoming events and ensure interpreters’’ availability is secured on time
- Drafts interpreter recruitment and time and attendance correspondence for signature.
- Ensure all relevant documents are collected in advance to facilitate interpreters’ recruitment
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Meeting Services Assistant, G6
- Job Code Title: MEETINGS SERVICES ASSISTANT
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 02 December 2021 – 31 December 2021
- Job Opening Number: 21-Conference Services-ECA-165333-R-Addis Ababa (R)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. A bachelor’s degree in administration or office management or related fields is desirable.
- A minimum of seven (7) years experience in conference support or related area including management of freelance interpreters is required.
How to Apply UNECA Meeting Services Assistant Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=165333
The Closing Date: 31st Dec 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|