UNECA Principal Economic Affairs Officer Jobs 2021 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Principal Economic Affairs Officer”. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before 2nd Oct 2021.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
UNECA Principal Economic Affairs Officer Jobs 2021
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 20th Aug 2021 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Principal Economic Affairs Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa|
|Position||Principal Economic Affairs Officer|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Fifteen years|
|Application Deadline||2nd Oct 2021|
UNECA Job Vacancy 2021
- Providing technical advisory services on using Digital Technology and Big Data in transforming statistical operations
- Provide technical expertise to ECA member states to exploit the non-traditional data sets that will augment or supplant existing sources for the efficient and effective production of ‘fit for purpose’ official statistics
- Preparation of position papers on using Digital Technology and Big Data to transform National Statistical Offices in Africa
- Supporting member states to harmonize their national macroeconomic policies particularly in the context of regional criteria for convergence to use digital technology and Big Data to transform statistical operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Principal Economic Affairs Officer, D1
- Job Code Title: Principal Economic Affairs Officer
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 19 August 2021 – 02 October 2021
- Job Opening Number: 21-Economic Affairs-ECA-161262-R-Addis Ababa (R)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Economics, Management Information Systems, Information Analytics, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics or another quantitative field is required. A first-level degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the specified fields of studies with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of fifteen years of progressively responsible experience in the field of economic or social policy analysis related areas gained through involvement in policy research, formulation and advisory at national and sub-regional levels, as well as programme development and management is required.
How to Apply UNECA Principal Economic Affairs Officer Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=161262
The Closing Date: 2nd Oct 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|