UNECA Senior Laboratory Technician Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Senior Laboratory Technician“. Applicants with a degree in High School Diploma may apply on or before 27th June 2023.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
UNECA Senior Laboratory Technician Jobs 2023
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 29th May 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Senior Laboratory Technician to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)|
|Position||Senior Laboratory Technician|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Experience Required||Minimum Ten years|
|Application Deadline||27th June 2023|
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023
Responsibilities: This position is located in the Division of Administration, United Nations Health Care Centre (UNHCC). The Senior Laboratory Assistant reports to the Chief Medical Officer (CMO). Within delegated authority, the Senior Laboratory Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Ensures the security and proper maintenance of the laboratory and the equipment.
- Sets up, calibrates, cleans and tests the functionality of the medical laboratory equipment.
- Ensures the maintenance of cold chain/refrigerator and performs necessary measures to maintain an optimal temperature for all reagents, specimens, and materials requiring cold chain in the laboratory.
- Ensures the application of appropriate infection prevention and control standards in collecting specimens for all laboratory tests.
- Performs internal and external quality control tests to ensure accuracy of all laboratory results.
- Ensures safe handling of bio-hazardous materials in compliance with international standards and practices.
- The incumbent would ensure disposals of biohazards.
- Monitors the availability/expiry dates of reagents and proper functioning of laboratory equipment.
- Performs all laboratory examinations including chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, stool examination, cultures, immuno and molecular assay needed for the diagnosis of patients’ medical condition as defined in the laboratory standards.
- Performs lab examinations during field mobile clinics and/or emergency situations and extra working hours if designated by the supervisor.
- Reports urgent test results following clinic protocols and alerts physicians and/or nurses about abnormal results.
- Ensures accurate record keeping of results by entering all results into the Earth Med system.
- Complies with all laboratory policies and regulations and international standards related to safety, cleanliness, and infection control.
- In close coordination with the medical doctors and nursing staff, assists with HIV testing program following up to date international standards and guidelines.
- Provides technical support for lab diagnosis referrals as requested by the Medical Officer/Clinician.
- Assists the organization in the implementation of health promotion/monitoring programs.
- Prepares job aids, Standard Operating Protocols, Formats, Guidelines and Manuals for the different laboratory procedures following international guidelines.
- Plan procurements, takes Umoja and other relevant actions on time, including preparing annual procurement plans for the unit.
- Prepares timetable of work including night duty coverage when designated by the supervisor, ready to take additional duties to bridge the man-power gaps that may occur.
- Manages performance of junior laboratory technicians, provides feedbacks, develops performance improvement plans, train the team and share knowledge related to laboratory functions with the team members.
- Prepares the necessary terms of reference for recruitment purpose with the supervisor when required.
- Prepares monthly data report of laboratory activities according to the UNHCC reporting format.
- Identifies training programs and prepares a training plan for the laboratory personnel geared towards maintaining continuous professional development in order to improve quality of services at the UNHCC laboratory and perform other tasks as deemed necessary and assigned by the supervisor.
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
- Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
- Performs other tasks as deemed necessary and assigned by the supervisor.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Senior Laboratory Technician, G7
- Job Code Title: SENIOR LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 29 May 2023 – 27 June 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Medical-ECA-207785-R-Addis Ababa (O)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. College diploma in laboratory studies/ techniques and/or medical laboratory technology is required. An advanced degree in laboratory studies is an advantage.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressive working experience in a full-service laboratory or related area is required.
- Hands-on experience in laboratory service including molecular biology techniques is required.
How to Apply UNECA Senior Laboratory Technician Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=207785
The Closing Date: 27th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click To View|
|Related Jobs||Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|