United Nations Secretariat Human Resources Officer Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
United Nations Secretariat Ethiopia looking for “Human Resources Officer”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before 05th March, 2024.
The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945. Currently made up of 193 Member States, the UN and its work are guided by the purposes and principles contained in its founding Charter. The UN has evolved over the years to keep pace with a rapidly changing world. But one thing has stayed the same: it remains the one place on Earth where all the world’s nations can gather together, discuss common problems, and find shared solutions that benefit all of humanity.
United Nations Secretariat Human Resources Officer Jobs 2024
The United Nations Secretariat has published a job vacancy announcement on 22nd February, 2024 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Human Resources Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|United Nations Secretariat
|Human Resources Officer
|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum of Seven (07) Year’s
|05th March, 2024
United Nations Secretariat Job Vacancy 2024
Within their delegated authority, the Human Resources Officer- Regional HR Focal Point will be responsible for the following duties:
- Supports RCOs on staff and non-staff requests (including gratis personnel, UNV, consultants, reviewing MOUs on position funding, etc.).
- Advises the resident coordinator and regional director in the projection and monitoring of vacant posts and ensures adherence to policies and procedures in filling these posts.
- Advises on and, if needed, reviews classified (generic) job descriptions throughout the region in compliance with the established job classification policy, guidelines, procedures.
- Acts as ex-officio as needed and liaises with DCO HQ on promotion and placement of staff.
- Advises on preparation of vacancy announcements and on outreach strategies, if needed.
- Supports diversity and gender balance in recruitment processes by regularly informing the RC/RD about the current geo/gender metrics.
- Serves as first point of contact for queries on human resources (HR) policies and assists staff and managers with the understanding and application of HR policies.
- Reviews, provides advice or escalates requests for exceptions to policies, regulations and rules, before decisions on any exceptions and as per the delegated authorities are made.
- Prepares reports and participates and/or leads special human resources projects.
- Keeps abreast of developments and trends in various areas of human resources and general administrative policies and procedures.
- Provides advice to staff and managers on substantive and procedural questions related to the administration and management of staff, including on their benefits and entitlements, and/all travel (HR, official business, etc.).
- Advises staff and managers on time management and best practices.
- Supports onboarding of new staff.
- Advises management on all issues related to complaints and questions on alleged acts, omissions and improprieties committed by staff in the region.
- Provides information to staff in the region on the UN rules and procedures in place that regulate conduct and discipline.
- Oversees case management, as well as undertakes reviews of alleged misconduct by RC staff in the region; receives and documents complaints, gathers information and determines whether further investigation is warranted.
- Liaises with the UN’s Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS) on investigations into allegations of misconduct, to ensure effective follow-up.
- Oversees data management and tracking of all forms of misconduct for all categories of staff in the region; develops systems to monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the mission’s efforts to address and prevent misconduct.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title: Human Resources Officer
- Job Opening ID: 228872
- Job Network: Management and Administration
- Job Family: Human Resources
- Category and Level: Professional and Higher Categories, P-4
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Department/Office: Resident Coordinator System
- Date Posted: Feb 20, 2024
- Deadline: Mar 5, 2024
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in human resources management, business administration, public administration, social sciences, education, law or related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in administration, human resources, or related field is required.
- Experience on administration, and talent acquisition using enterprise resource platforms is required.
- Experience on conduct and discipline matters is required.
- Experience implementing change management initiatives is desired.
- Experience working with United Nations common systems human resources and administrative procedures is desired. Experience in managing complex restructuring processes, including rightsizing of workforce is desired.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- For the position advertised, fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of French is desired.
- Knowledge of other United Nations official languages is an advantage.
How to Apply United Nations Secretariat Human Resources Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/jobSearchDescription/228872?language=en
The Closing Date: 05th March, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy