WHO Health Financing and Economic Analyst Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
WHO Ethiopia looking for “Health Financing and Economic Analyst”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before 24th February, 2024.
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”.
WHO Health Financing and Economic Analyst Jobs 2024
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on 29th January, 2024 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Health Financing and Economic Analyst to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|World Health Organization (WHO)
|Health Financing and Economic Analyst
|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum Five (05) Year’s
|24th February, 2024
WHO Job Vacancy 2024
Description of Duties:
- Provide technical assistance to the Government and especially to the MOH in developing health financing and social health protection policies including the design, implementation and monitoring of innovative health financing initiatives to ensure sustainable and equitable financing for universal health coverage; support the design, implementation and monitoring of health insurance schemes;
- Conduct baseline review and document data availability and quality for AFR KPIs, GPW13 Impact Framework of the triple billion goals and indicators, as well as other health-related SDG indicators.
- Build country capacity and assist FMOH to generate high-quality data and analyze and interpret corresponding statistics for monitoring the AFR KPIs, GPW13 Impact Framework and SDG indicators at national and subnational levels.
- Support the FMOH and development partners during the process of promoting and transitioning to more integrated and domestic financing, by identifying ways to improve sector-wide working practices including improved public financial management;
- Support the coordination of actors at the country level to ensure harmonized support for health financing and economic analysis that is aligned to country priorities;
- Provide technical support to the FMOH in analyzing health financing and economic information and the use of the information for policy dialogue and formulation;
- Support capacity building to the FMoH, other key Ministries and/or national institutions involved in Health Financing and Social Health Protection, as per needs and opportunities, favoring joint action and long-term approaches towards ownership and leadership on UHC;
- Participate actively in coordination mechanisms on health financing and social health protection such as the P4H network, including knowledge management and M&E.
- Perform other duties in Health Financing fields as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Position in Organization:
- Position: Health Financing and Economic Analyst
- Grade: NO-C
- Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 1 year
- Job Posting: Jan 26, 2024, 7:15:00 PM
- Closing Date: Feb 24, 2024, 4:29:00 AM
- Primary Location: Ethiopia-Addis Ababa
- Organization: AF_ETH Ethiopia
- Schedule: Full-time
- First University Degree in health economics or health financing from an accredited /recognized institute.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health (MPH) or Health Policy, or University Degree in Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy or health-related field.
- At least five (5) years of progressive professional experience in the area of economic analysis of health financing systems.
- Experience relating to designing health insurance schemes, public financial management, innovative health financing mechanisms. Relevant experience in WHO, or other UN agencies/international organizations.
- Excellent knowledge of English and the local language.
How to Apply WHO Health Financing and Economic Analyst Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2400710
The Closing Date: 24th February, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy