World Bank Group Environmental Engineer Jobs 2021 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. World Bank Group Ethiopia looking for “Environmental Engineer”. Applicants with a degree in Advanced Degree may apply on or before 15th Oct 2021.
The World Bank Group is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. Its five institutions share a commitment to reducing poverty, increasing shared prosperity, and promoting sustainable development.
World Bank Group Environmental Engineer Jobs 2021
The World Bank Group has published a job vacancy announcement on 20th Sept 2021 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Environmental Engineer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||World Bank Group|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||15th Oct 2021|
World Bank Group Job Vacancy 2021
The position: This position will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and will focus on the environmental risk management/environmental safeguards management and compliance for World Bank projects. Ethiopia as very large infrastructure shortfall. As a result, the Bank has been investing heavily in infrastructure in the country. This requires staff to implement the Bank’s environmental risk management policies (including the Safeguard Policies and the new Environmental and Social Framework, or ESF). All World Bank-supported investment projects must meet ambitious environmental management standards. The Environment and Natural Resources Global Practice is responsible for providing technical support and oversight to all investment projects to meet these obligations. While the primary responsibility of this position is on environmental risk management, there may be some demand for support to the management of World Bank financed projects in the area of environment, such as landscapes programs, flood management and solid waste management.
Position in Organization:
- Job #: req13199
- Organization: World Bank
- Sector: Environment
- Grade: GF
- Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
- Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Required Language(s): English
- Preferred Language(s):
- Closing Date: 10/15/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
- Advanced degree (PhD or Masters) degree in environmental engineering, civil engineering or natural sciences is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of full-time relevant professional experience in the engineering or environmental management sector is required.
- Fluency in English is required (writing, speaking, listening and reading).
- Knowledge and experience in environmental assessment and management of environmental compliance in investment projects involving large scale civil works, extractive or industrial activities is required.
- Confirmed collaboration and successful experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- A strong sense of partnership and ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to travel extensively in Ethiopia, the Africa region and possibly globally is vital, including to remote rural areas.
How to Apply World Bank Group Environmental Engineer Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=13199&site=1
The Closing Date: 15th Oct 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|