UNHCR Assistant Protection Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNHCR Ethiopia looking for “Assistant Protection Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Undergraduate Degree may apply on or before 26th March 2023.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with over 17,300 staff working in 135 countries.
UNHCR Assistant Protection Officer Jobs 2023
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on 10th March 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Assistant Protection Officer to be based in Asosa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)|
|Position||Assistant Protection Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum One years|
|Application Deadline||26th March 2023|
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
- Stay abreast of political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on the protection environment.
- Consistently apply International and National Law and applicable UN/UNHCR and IASC policy, standards and codes of conduct.
- Assist in providing comments on existing and draft legislation related to PoC.
- Provide legal advice and guidance on protection issues to PoC; liaise with competent authorities to ensure the issuance of personal and other relevant documentation.
- Conduct eligibility and status determination for PoC in compliance with UNHCR procedural standards and international protection principles.
- Promote and contribute to measures to identify, prevent and reduce statelessness.
- Contribute to a country-level child protection plan as part of the protection strategy.
- Contribute to a country-level education plan as part of the protection strategy.
- Provide inputs for the development of protection policies and standards within the AoR.
- Implement and monitor Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all protection/solutions activities.
- Manage individual protection cases including those on GBV and child protection. Monitor, and intervene in cases of refoulement, expulsion and other protection incidents.
- Recommend durable solutions for the largest possible number of PoC through voluntary repatriation, local integration and where appropriate, resettlement.
- Assess resettlement needs and apply priorities for the resettlement of individuals and groups of refugees and other PoC.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation of protection related AGD based programming with implementing and operational partners.
- Contribute to and facilitate a programme of results-based advocacy with sectorial and/or cluster partners.
- Contribute to and facilitate effective information management through the provision of disaggregated data on populations of concern and their problems.
- Assist capacity-building initiatives for communities and individuals to assert their rights.
- Participate in initiatives to capacitate authorities, relevant institutions and NGOs to strengthen national protection related legislation and procedures.
- Intervene with authorities on protection issues.
- Assist the supervisor in deciding priorities for reception, interviewing and counselling for groups or individuals.
- Assist the supervisor in enforcing compliance of staff and implementing partners with global protection policies and standards of professional integrity in the delivery of protection services.
- Enforce compliance with, and integrity of, all protection standard operating procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Assistant Protection Officer
- Asosa, Ethiopia
- Full time
- Posted on: Posted Today
- job requisition id: JR2314425
- Deadline: 26th March 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree.
- 1 year relevant experience.
How to Apply UNHCR Assistant Protection Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/details/Assistant-Protection-Officer_JR2314425?q=Ethiopia
The Closing Date: 26th March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click To View|
|Related Jobs||Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- SNV Social Organizational and Safeguarding Advisor Jobs 2023
- SNV Result Based Financing Facility Advisor Jobs 2023
- WFP Human Resources Assistant Jobs 2023
- SNV Water and Irrigation Engineer Jobs 2023