Heifer International Livestock Value Chain Specialist Jobs 2022 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. Heifer International Ethiopia looking for “Livestock Value Chain Specialist”. Applicants with a degree in Master Degree may apply on or before 17th Sept 2022.
For more than 75 years, Heifer International has worked with people all around the world to end hunger and poverty and care for the Earth.
Heifer International Livestock Value Chain Specialist Jobs 2022
The Heifer International has published a job vacancy announcement on 7th Sept 2022 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Livestock Value Chain Specialist to be based in Gambela, Ethiopia.
|Position||Livestock Value Chain Specialist|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Ten years|
|Application Deadline||17th Sept 2022|
Heifer International Job Vacancy 2022
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Facilitate Stakeholders’ enhanced capacity to identify and analyze Pastoral and Agro-Pastoral (PAP) value chains and promote PPPs in support of PAP livelihoods opportunities,
- Facilitate realistic and commercially viable business plans developed with actors in pilot PPPPs to drive productivity and income increases in the region,
- Relevant animal production technologies and services are accessible to LLRP clients through PPPP arrangements and
- Women are empowered through enhanced social status, access to assets and services, and enhanced livelihoods.
- Strengthen the understanding and knowledge base of stakeholders in the region on the 4P approaches with special emphasis on the producers who are the weakest link in the PPPP.
- Foster strong partnerships and liaise regularly with LLRP’s RCMU.
- Provide training as required to ministry and regional stakeholders as required and demanded.
- Lead the process of strategic visioning for Heifer International at the regional level.
- Form strategic partnerships that embrace the triple bottom line (social, environmental, and financial).
- Strengthen strategic alliances and partnerships (Public, Private & Producer) with the stakeholders.
- Build and maintain strong relationships among stakeholders at a regional level.
- Remain knowledgeable of and commission market-based demand-driven value chain studies in the region.
- Facilitate and lead the undertaking of value chain assessments and analysis.
- Participate in the development of guidelines, Terms of References, and manuals as stated in the TA document supporting the experts of the stakeholders for the various assessments & analyses.
- Provide training, and orientation to enumerators on the methodologies, assessment, and analysis of the data to experts and key technical officers.
- Support the development and preparation of guidelines and manuals as required by the LLRP project and the ministry of finance.
- Prepare and submit work plans for the delivery of TA activities, which will be reviewed and approved by LLRP’s RCMU.
- Facilitate the increased visibility of Heifer amidst the larger public including government officials and other stakeholders.
- Represent Heifer International before all persons and organizations at the regional level, government, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), private sector, stakeholders, and partners.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for creativity and innovation.
- Position Heifer as one of the thought leaders on thematic issues: Livestock, agriculture, livelihoods, smallholders, women, and youth)
- Regularly monitor the performance of TA activities, prepare, and submit progress reports. (Program and finance) to IFAD, stakeholders, and HPI.
- Ensures the transfer, internalization, and adoption of the technical assistance learnings and best practices (national and international) into the LLR Project for impact.
- Document and share project learnings with the Team Leader & stakeholders.
Position in Organization:
- Livestock Value Chain specialist
- Job ID: 741
- Program / Project Management
- Gambela Regional State
- Master’s Degree from a recognized university or equivalent in Agriculture Science, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics.
- Plus 10 – 15 years of relevant experience with at least five (5) years in a supervisory capacity.
How to Apply Heifer International Livestock Value Chain Specialist Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.jobvite.com/heifer/job/opMUkfw9?nl=1&nl=1
The Closing Date: 17th Sept 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click To View|
|Related Jobs||Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|