UNHCR Administrative Officer Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
UNHCR Ethiopia looking for “Administrative Officer”.
Applicants with a Undergraduate Degree may apply on or before 14th February, 2024.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with over 17,300 staff working in 135 countries.
UNHCR Administrative Officer Jobs 2024
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on 01st February, 2024 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Administrative Officer to be based in Jijiga, Ethiopia.
|United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum Four (04) years
|14th February, 2024
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2024
- Contribute to the provision of resources (human, material and services) necessary to support the day-to-day activities of the staff in the office.
- Monitor the day-to-day personnel and administrative operations of the office.
- Provide advice on personnel and administrative policies and procedures.
- Liaise with Government and other external actors in providing vital supportive services (i.e. processing of residency, visas, tax exemptions, etc.).
- Attend inter-agency and other meetings, with specific focus on general administration, staff safety and human resources issues (i.e. common services), when requested.
- Implement processes and procedures to improve and strengthen internal controls in line with UNHCR rules and regulations.
- Coordinate the preparation of staffing and administrative budget requirements for the office.
- Participate in a competitive procurement process for selecting, awarding and issuing local contracts, in line with UNHCR regulations, rules and procedures.
- Manage contracts for the premises, cleaning and security services, and other services as and when required.
- Serve as a member of the Local Contracts Committee (LCC).
- Undertake missions to field locations to review administrative arrangements and make appropriate recommendations as required.
- Provide guidance and oversight on processes related to the mission travel of staff.
- In the absence of an HR Officer, prepare recruitment, appointments and administrative formalities concerning local staff.
- Review and approve the settlement of employee entitlements including DSA, local salaries and the Medical Insurance Plan (MIP).
- Coordinate training and capacity-building activities to staff in administrative related areas.
- In coordination with Human Resources and Field Security, undertake periodic reviews to ensure that the Office premises are set up and staff accommodation are managed in line with the organizational policies and any related issues are brought to the attention of DHR.
- Support the identification and management of risks and seek to seize opportunities impacting objectives in the area of responsibility.
- Ensure decision making in risk based in the functional area of work. Raise risks, issues and concerns to a supervisor or to relevant functional colleague(s).
- Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Administrative Officer
- Jijiga, Ethiopia
- Time type: Full time
- Posted on: Posted Today
- job requisition id: JR2435861
- Deadline: 14th February, 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in an intergovernmental organization (United Nations or similar). Good knowledge of United Nations administrative and human resources rules and procedures. Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications.
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English
How to Apply UNHCR Administrative Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 14th February, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Click To View
|Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy