Plan International MHPSS Counselor Jobs 2023– Ethiopia NGO Jobs. Plan International Ethiopia looking for “MHPSS Counselor“. Applicants with a degree in BSc Degree may apply on or before 2nd June 2023.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization which works in 71 countries across the world, in Africa, the Americas, and Asia to advance children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International is one of the world’s largest organizations working for children’s rights and gender equality. In 2016, Plan International reached 17.1 million girls and 15.5 million boys through its programming.
Plan International MHPSS Counselor Jobs 2023
The Plan International has published a job vacancy announcement on 29th May 2023for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of MHPSS Counselor to be based in Metekel, Ethiopia.
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||2nd June 2023|
Plan International Job Vacancy 2023
Accountabilities and Main Work Activities:
- Ensure correct identification and recruitment of peoples with minor to sever mental problem to individual and group therapy based the established screening criteria
- Ensure correct identification of cases with GBV and disability provide appropriate psychosocial support
- Proved basic stress management and PFA to affected IDP and host community
- Follow-up and track client attendance and participation and document client and project progress to asses MHPSS efficacy
- Document and share learning from counseling, integration with other health/nutrition activity
- Coordinator with MHNT and other MHPSS counselors
- Implement and facilitate awareness-raising sessions at centres and community levels, based on a guidebook; particularly on child development, mothering practices, mother and child interactions and breastfeeding practices
- Ensure IYCF and hygiene sanitation key messages are integrated in MHPSS activity
- Use established protocols to refer clients in need of clinical treatment
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters relating to group participants, consistent with organizational policies and laws
- Collect key client data and prepare reports on progress made, together with observations, challenges faced, and lessons learned
- Work closely with project technical staff in ensuring coordination and integration across all activities
- Jointly develop monthly, weekly work plan with other MHNT staffs
- Develop and maintain close working relationship with partners responsible for MNCH-N, DRM, MHPSS TWG in their designated area
- Provides support for health and nutrition trainings, workshops, and meetings conducted at zonal/woreda/Kebele level
- Conduct training need assessment to identify relevant community members (Women affair, CSW, HAD, HEW, HWs) knowledge gap and design appropriate training accordingly
- Assist project staffs MHNT and others to include MHPSS key messages in their activity
- Train staffs, CSW, volunteers on mental health impact on nutrition and child development
- Ensure community level referral linkage and collaboration
- Strengthen referral linkage of critical cases between PHCUs and Hospitals.
Position in Organization:
- MHPSS Counsellor
- Location: Metekel Zone, Guba
- Type of Role: MHPSS Counseller
- Reports to:
- Closing Date: June 2,2023
- BSc/BA degree or equivalent.
- 3 (three) years of relevant professional experience in a similar position.
How to Apply Plan International MHPSS Counselor Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 2nd June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click To View|
|Related Jobs||Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|