IOM Sub-National Cluster Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. IOM Ethiopia looking for “Sub-National Cluster Coordinator“. Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before September 26, 2023.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 174 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM Sub-National Cluster Coordinator Jobs 2023
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on September 13, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Sub-National Cluster Coordinator to be based in Shire Endaselassie, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||International Organization for Migration (IOM)|
|Position||Sub-National Cluster Coordinator|
|Location||Shire Endaselassie, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two (02) Years|
|Application Deadline||September 26, 2023|
IOM Job Vacancy 2023
- In coordination with the Regional CCCM Cluster Coordinator, contribute to co- leading and actively facilitate the CCCM Cluster at sub-regional level with UNHCR, liaising with relevant zonal authorities, state representative’s institutions, other local and Sub-National coordinations, UNOCHA representation and donor agencies.
- Work with UNHCR co-lead to establish effective coordination mechanisms and tools, including information management, and maintain them with cluster members, government counterparts and donors, facilitating timely and effective needs assessment, appropriate planning, prioritization, implementation, reporting and evaluation.
- Contribute to the Regional strategy and response plans, assessing needs and gaps with frequent field travel from the base in Shire and surrounding zones.
- Establish and maintain regular meeting schedules, as required and contribute to the discussions on regionally adapted targets, debate on challenges, progress monitoring, identifying gaps and overlaps with all relevant cluster members in their respective areas, organizing relevant ad-hoc meetings as required.
- Contribute to the promotion of attention and focus to the vulnerable groups and crosscutting issues, including establishing context-specific beneficiary targeting criteria, monitoring tools, and Accountability to Affected Population strategy.
- Contribute and provide technical support and capacity building to local partners and actors, ensuring crosscutting strategies and issues such as gender equity and Genger-Based Violence (GBV) and protection mainstreaming
- Coordinate the monitoring, and identification of the issues in Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) sites to be raised at Inter-Cluster Coordination Group (ICCG) or bilaterally with relevant clusters and partners. Contribute to such advocacy activities in consultation with the Regional Cluster Coordinator (CCCM).
- Contribute and engage actively to the security monitoring in the target areas, alert UNDSS, UNOCHA, and Regional Cluster Coordinator as appropriate regarding issues of concern.
- In conjunction with the Regional Cluster Coordinator, advocate for funding and materials needs for partners to address identified gaps.
- Contribute to the preparation and revision of contingency planning and preparedness processes at the Regional and country level.
- Contribute to the process of engaging new partner agencies to expand CCCM Cluster participation and response and adapt cluster structures and operational models as required to respond to the evolving situation optimally.
- Participate and contribute to the sub-regional CCCM Cluster activities at Emergency Operations Centres (EOC) and Inter-Cluster Coordination Group (ICCG) meetings at zonal levels, as necessary.
- Contribute and provide technical inputs to the regional reporting for the Regional CCCM Cluster in coordination with Sub-National Coordinator and Cluster Information Management Officer including contact list of CCCM actors working in the zone.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title: Sub-National Cluster Coordinator
- Duty Station: Shire Endaselassie, Ethiopia
- Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
- Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, six months with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 26 September 2023
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Disaster Management, Conflict Management, Human Rights, Law, Architecture, Engineering, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in CCCM Operations and/or Coordination, with knowledge of relevant technical guidance and standards; OR cluster coordination experience at national or sub-national level;
- Experience and knowledge in humanitarian coordination mechanism and Humanitarian Program Cycle including response plan monitoring and reporting.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of any local language is an advantage.
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
How to Apply IOM Sub-National Cluster Coordinator Jobs 2023
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 26 September 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment.
|Related Jobs||Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|