IOM Protection Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. IOM Ethiopia looking for “Protection Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Masters Degree may apply on or before 7th June 2023.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 174 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM Protection Officer Jobs 2023
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on 26th May 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Protection Officer to be based in Mekele, Tigray, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||International Organization for Migration (IOM)|
|Location||Mekele, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||7th June 2023|
IOM Job Vacancy 2023
- Support the overall implementation of the Protection in emergencies programming in Ethiopia, including its financial, administrative and technical implementation, in compliance with IOM policies and international standards, as well as donor requirements, agreed timeline and deliverables.
- Monitor and supervise the implementation of direct protection assistance and interventions, including, case management, development of protection tools and guidance, ensuring safe programming in line with IASC Guidelines on Protection and IOM’s GBViC Framework.
- Develop and deliver capacity building initiatives on protection and GBV, including protection mainstreaming and GBV risk mitigation for IOM response teams.
- In coordination with the EPC Programme Coordinator, coordinate the work of all staff assigned to the CO’s programme, as well as consultants, implementing partners and service providers recruited to support and/or undertake specific activities.
- Maintain close collaboration and contribute to the strengthening the partnerships with relevant stakeholders such as Government entities, national authorities, donors, development partners,
- United Nations agencies, and civil society Draft and produce progress and other reports and ensure proper information exchange on all operational aspects of the programmes between IOM, the programmes’ donors and other stakeholders.
- Provide technical support in analyzing protection related trends and issues in view of strategic, programmatic and programme-specific funding opportunities.
- Contribute to the identification of donors’ priorities and strategies, explore the possibility to develop follow up initiatives and/or initiate new programme development process in Ethiopia and draft projects proposals, in relation to expressed governmental needs, donors’ priorities and in line with IOM’s mandate and strategy.
- Contribute to the development of relevant monitoring and evaluation plans and tools to track protection mainstreaming initiatives and measure progress and effectiveness, make recommendation on suitable course corrections, and supporting further development and improvements.
- Ensure adequate information management on programme related activities including awareness raising and visibility; provide regular updates, summaries, press releases and other relevant materials, in coordination with the donor and IOM’s Public Information Department.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title : Protection Officer
- Duty Station : Mekele, Ethiopia
- Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
- Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, nine months with possibility of
- Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Closing Date : 07 June 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Law, International Relations, Political or Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations, or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
- Minimum Two Years Experience.
- Experience in programme management, implementation and project development;
- Previous experience in direct implementation of protection interventions, particularly, GBV is essential.
- Experience in managing teams, mentoring and delivering trainings;
- Experience in emergency settings with in-depth knowledge of IOM/UN programme/project life cycles;
- Experience with UN and International Agencies, international or local NGOs preferred; and, Work experience in the Region is an advantage.
How to Apply IOM Protection Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_apply?PARAM=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDAwRDNBQUE5N0RDMUVEREJFRDg4MkIyQzUwNjgxMjkmY2FuZF90eXBlPUVYVA%3d%3d&sap-wd-configid=ZHRRCF_A_POSTING_APPLY&sap-theme=iom_corbu&sap-client=100&sap-language=EN#
The Closing Date: 7th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click To View|
|Related Jobs||Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- UNECA ACS-International Consultants for Gender and CRVS Jobs 2023
- UNECA French Translator Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Supply Chain Manager Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Consultancy on in country logistics Jobs 2023