UNHCR Field Security Officer Jobs 2022 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNHCR Ethiopia looking for “Field Security Officer “. Applicants with a degree in Undergraduate Degree may apply on or before 21st April 2022.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with over 17,300 staff working in 135 countries.
UNHCR Field Security Officer Jobs 2022
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on 1st April 2022 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Field Security Officer to be based in Shire, Tigray, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees|
|Position||Field Security Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Six years|
|Application Deadline||21st April 2022|
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2022
- Advise and support the manager on all aspects of security risk management, crisis readiness and preparedness with regard to maintaining the safety and security of UNHCR personnel, operations, and facilities.
- Undertake security risk assessments/ ad hoc Security Risk Managements (SRM) analysing security factors and levels of risk related to UNHCR activities and programmes.
- Participate in the development or update of the SRM process for designated areas.
- Evaluate existing Security Risk Management Measures (SRMMs) to determine their appropriateness and identify areas needing improvement. Follow up with actions to oversee or implement those improvements.
- Monitor compliance with standards established through the Security Risk Management process.
- Ensure gender considerations are included in the SRM processes and that SRMMs are appropriate. At a minimum these must include security briefings, travel advisories and the development and update of the Aide Memoire for Response to Gender-Based Security Incidents
- Develop specific UNHCR plans as well as contributing to the UNSMS plans and planning for relocation/evacuation, medical evacuation and other contingencies test plans in exercises or drills. to ensure that personnel are familiar with contingency plans and can implement them effectively in an emergency.
- Ensure that security measures are fully integrated into operational planning, including budgetary provisions, at the earliest stages of development.
- Coordinate and assist in management of critical incidents and post-incident processes reporting to manager, regional security coordinator and FSS.
- Participate in and support activities to advise on Programme Criticality assessment process.
- As a member of a multi-functional team, contribute to efforts to ensure the physical protection and security of refugees and other persons of concern by providing security assessments, analysis and advice in developing and implementing effective strategies which underpin the responsibilities of the host state.
- Develop and maintain relationships with security-related actors, including Host Government law enforcement authorities and other stakeholders to ensure effective information sharing.
- Maintain and enhance lines of communication with the UN Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS), and other UNSMS Security personnel ensuring UNHCR mandate and program activities are understood. Actively contribute to the Security cell and support the UNSMS.
- Support UNHCR personnel serving as members of the country Security Management Team (SMT), or Area Security Management Team (ASMT), Area Security Coordinators (ASC) and Wardens.
- Provide country-relevant, security advice and training which is gender inclusive to UNHCR personnel, and where feasible to staff of NGOs and Partners in areas In line with UNSMS and UNHCR standards. Coordinate training with security management training unit of the global learning development centre.
- Prepare periodic analytical reports on security issues in accordance with UN and UNHCR standard operating procedures, sharing with managers in the country of assignment and as relevant the regional Senior Security Coordinator and FSS.
- Maintain linkages with the Psychosocial Well Being Section, and the Medical Service, referring cases as required.
- Undertake other security-related functions or responsibilities as delegated by the supervisor.
- Assist in building the capacity of national field security personnel by providing mentoring, on the coaching and other forms of guidance
- Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Job Title: Field Security Officer
- Location: Shire, Ethiopia Fed Dem Rep
- Hardship Level: E
- Job ID: 35031
- Salary Grade: P3
- Family Location Type: Non-Family
- Deadline: 21st April 2022
- Undergraduate degree.
- 6 years Relevant Experience.
How to Apply UNHCR Field Security Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 21st April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|