UNHCR Resettlement Associate Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNHCR Kenya looking for “Resettlement Associate”. Applicants with a degree in High School Diploma may apply on or before 11th Aug 2022.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with over 17,300 staff working in 135 countries.
UNHCR Resettlement Associate Jobs 2022
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on 6th Aug 2022 for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Resettlement Associate to be based in Dadaab, Garissa, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees|
|Location||Dadaab, Garissa, Kenya|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||11th Aug 2022|
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2022
- Interview, assess resettlement needs, and process persons identified for resettlement, following established procedures; undertake field missions as required.
- Where applicable, review and assess special resettlement cases and prepares individual submissions for presentation to resettlement countries; keep offices informed on the status of special resettlement cases; liaise with offices on case processing and provide advice as required.
- Comply with UNHCR¿s standard operating procedures on resettlement, ensuring timely action on cases.
- Follow up on status of cases from submission to departure; ensure effective in-country communication on the status and follow-up on persons of concern (PoC) being considered for resettlement; ensure that records on individual cases are kept up-to-date.
- Provide PoC and partners with up-to-date and accurate information on UNHCR¿s resettlement policies and procedures.
- Assist in monitoring the quality of submissions, providing the concerned staff with basic guidance and advice.
- Manage, maintain and update proGres or Consolidated Online Resettlement Tracking System (CORTS) database and provide technical support.
- Coordinate travel and departure arrangements for refugees accepted for resettlement.
- Organize logistical support for governments undertaking resettlement missions.
- Maintain accurate resettlement statistics as well as up-to-date records on individual cases; assist in the preparation of reports.
- Assist with preparing a strategy and budget for resettlement activities and monitoring expenditures.
- Provide administrative support for resettlement-related training activities.
- Systematically apply an Age, Gender and Diversity perspective in all aspects of the resettlement process; comply with UNHCR policy and guidelines on HIV/AIDS.
- Assist in mitigating resettlement fraud through oversight (including in-country travel), advice and guidance).
- Recommend cases that are eligible for resettlement consideration.
- Provide counselling to PoC.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Job Title: Resettlement Associate
- Location: Dadaab, Kenya
- Hardship Level: E
- Job ID: 39272
- Salary Grade: G6
- Family Location Type: Non-Family
- Deadline: 11th Aug 2022
- High School Diploma.
- Three Years Experience.
How to Apply UNHCR Resettlement Associate Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 11th Aug 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click To View|
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|