ICAO Regional Director Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. ICAO Kenya looking for “Regional Director”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 23 November 2022.
ICAO is funded and directed by 193 national governments to support their diplomacy and cooperation in air transport as signatory states to the Chicago Convention (1944). Its core function is to maintain an administrative and expert bureaucracy (the ICAO Secretariat) supporting these diplomatic interactions, and to research new air transport policy and standardization innovations as directed and endorsed by governments through the ICAO Assembly, or by the ICAO Council which the assembly elects.
ICAO Regional Director Jobs 2022
The ICAO has published a job vacancy announcement on 23 September 2022 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Regional Director to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||A minimum of fifteen (15) years|
|Application Deadline||23 November 2022|
ICAO Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: The Regional Director leads the programme team, inspiring it to translate the regional and country goals into locally adapted solutions and results in line with the overall global plans, strategies and objectives of the Organization.
- Promote ICAO’s views and interests and ensure the successful implementation of the Organization’s mandate and objectives within the Region.
- Actively lead regional initiatives and promote regional technical cooperation and assistance projects aimed at supporting a safe, efficient, secure, economically sustainable and environmentally responsible civil aviation system, including the regional implementation of global COVID-19 recovery initiatives to support aviation’s restart and recovery.
- Act as secretary to regional group meetings; and coordinate regional programmes dealing with aviation safety (RASG-AFI and AFI Plan), air navigation capacity and efficiency (APIRG), and aviation security and facilitation (AFI SECFAL Plan), environmental protection, and air transport development and related initiatives; participate in high-level meetings dealing with civil aviation and other matters relevant to the work of the ICAO regional office.
- Coordinate and follow up on visits to States by the Secretary General and/or President of the ICAO Council, and provide advice, briefing notes, matters for discussion, expected outcomes, and other supporting information.
- An advanced level university degree (Master’s Degree or academic equivalent) in an aviation-related field, including scientific or technical discipline, management, administration, economics, law or a related area is required.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible experience in aviation safety, air navigation, air transport or related area is required.
- Managerial experience at the senior executive level in a public, private or international civil aviation organization is required.
- Experience at the international level or dealing with aviation matters crossing national boundaries, including high-level negotiation with government authorities is required.
- Experience in dealing with civil aviation activities in the Region is required.
- Experience with corporate performance management in the public or private sector is required.
- Proven experience in leading and guiding a multidisciplinary team, with a diverse range of aviation specialities, to achieve organizational goals is required.
- Experience in managing aviation safety or air navigation programmes/projects within an international or regional organization, national government, or major service provider (airport, airline or air navigation services provider) is desirable.
- Experience in managing or coordinating technical assistance, capacity development and implementation of activities related to aviation safety, air navigation or aviation security is desirable.
- Experience in management of international/multinational projects, and experience in conducting negotiations at the international level and in organizing and leading international meetings are desirable.
- Experience in public speaking and media engagement is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Languages: Fluent reading, writing and speaking abilities in English.
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply ICAO Regional Director Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 23 November 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|