IOM Legal Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
IOM Kenya looking for “Legal Officer”.
Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 08 June 2023.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 174 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM Legal Officer Jobs 2023
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on 23 May 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Legal Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||International Organization for Migration (IOM)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Five years|
|Application Deadline||08 June 2023|
IOM Job Vacancy 2023
Context: Under the overall supervision of the Senior Legal Officer in the Regional Legal Hub, the Legal Officer will provide timely and accurate advice, and ensure the functions of the Department are efficiently carried out.
Core Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Develop new contract templates as needed to meet the legal needs of the Region;
- Provide timely and accurate legal advice in relation to contract related disputes in the Region;
- Conduct trainings for IOM personnel on contract law issues and promote LEGCR online resources available to colleagues in the Region, as required;
- Draft and negotiate legal terms and contracts in order to protect IOM’s legal interests in arrangements with third parties; and,
- Support the L3 focal point in the Department on contract needs in L3 and other emergencies in the Region.
- Master’s degree in Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional legal experience, including legal research, analysis and writing, of which three years includes experience working in the legal department of an intergovernmental organization or the legal office of a Government; and,
- Experience in contract review in an international governmental organization.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IOM Legal Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 08 June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|