IRC FSF Project Director Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. IRC Kenya looking for “FSF Project Director”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 06 October 2022.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
IRC FSF Project Director Jobs 2022
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 23 September 2022 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of FSF Project Director to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||International Rescue Committee (IRC)|
|Position||FSF Project Director|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||At least 8-10 years|
|Application Deadline||06 October 2022|
IRC Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: The FSF Project Director will be responsible for a 36-month AFD-funded grant titled Feminist Solidarity Fund for Girls’ Education (FSF). Through this project, FSF Consortium will support a range of feminist CSOs and WROs working in our 7 target countries and/or at a regional level to accelerate gender equality in and through education. These include:
- CSOs providing direct support to girls and their families to remove individual-, family- and community-level barriers to education.
- CSOs working directly with schools and other sub-national institutions to improve the quality of support for adolescent girls in school as well as access to education for out-of-school girls.
- And, CSOs conducting research and/or advocacy to advance the rights of girls, including access to education
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Hold overall responsibility for high-quality design and implementation of all aspects of the program, based on actual needs and response analysis.
- Provide strategic guidance, strong leadership and ensure technically sound decision-making processes in coordination with the Technical Advisor and Steering Committee comprised of regional and country management staff.
- Serve as main point of contact with AFD and maintain regular communication (in French and/or English, as specified by the donor)
- Represent IRC in all relevant fora at all times.
- Ensure compliance with and adherence to IRC and AFD rules and regulations.
- Ensure timely startup and implementation of the program in collaboration with country program staff, partner(s) and relevant departments.
- Lead a well-functioning consortium of 3 partners
- Lead the establishment of and support a well-functioning team
- Uphold feminist principles through all aspects of work
- Ensure regular and on time monitoring, including in-country monitoring, and monthly reporting on all program management aspects including the Action Plan (budget and actual expenses analysis, work-plan progress and updating, data collection and analysis and monitoring of indicators, partner sub-awards). Document monitoring observations and outcomes and communicate them to key stakeholders. Flag and troubleshoot when issues arise during implementation.
- Take full responsibility for the delegated budget holding function on the programmatic aspects of the program, participate actively in award review meetings and contribute to financial decision making, ensuring that value for money can be effectively demonstrated to the donor. Support budget realignments and grant amendments/modifications
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in International Development, Gender, Sociology or related field.
- At least 8-10 years of experience with a humanitarian and development NGO or multilateral agency with specific focus on leading programming for women and girls
- Experience in working within or in close collaboration with feminist/women’s movements and/or organisations in the Global South
- Experience in leading or managing consortia
- International field experience, especially in the region, preferred
- Program and/or grants management experience with key donors, such as AFD, USAID, DFID, and/or European Union/ECHO.
- Experience managing for donor compliance, proposal writing, budgeting, and representing implementers to donors
- Proven ability to lead, manage, and develop teams, including staff working at a distance
- Proven ability to manage multiple work streams and to coordinate across teams/functions
- Excellent relationship-management skills with colleagues in the field and HQ, senior stakeholders, and donors
- Ability to drive adaptive thinking and management, by creating a culture of open communication, problem solving and learning.
- Ability to travel internationally approximately 40% of the time
- English and French fluency required
- Requisition ID: req31744
- Sector: Violence Prevention and Response
- Employment Category: Regular
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
How to Apply IRC FSF Project Director Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 06 October 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|