IUCN Regional Plastics Manager Jobs 2024 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
IUCN Kenya looking for “Regional Plastics Manager”.
Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 14 February 2024.
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office (ESARO) operates in 24 countries in the Horn of Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa and the Western Indian Ocean. The ESARO region is extremely rich in biodiversity with high number of endemic species and the largest remaining populations of iconic wildlife left on the continent. ESARO’s Programme focuses on biodiversity conservation through a diverse portfolio of projects and programmatic initiatives ranging from activities at the level of individual protected areas to shaping regional policy on biodiversity conservation. ESARO defines and delivers on its programmatic priorities in collaboration with IUCN members, Commissions, and other strategic partners.
IUCN Regional Plastics Manager Jobs 2024
The IUCN has published a job vacancy announcement on 02 February 2024 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Regional Plastics Manager to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
|Regional Plastics Manager
|Total Vacant Post
|At least 8 to 10 years
|14 February 2024
IUCN Job Vacancy 2024
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead responsibility in implementation of the “IslandPlas: Advancing Circular Solutions to Plastic Pollution in African Islands” project across a range of Island areas in Eastern and Western Africa, in close collaboration with regional IUCN teams in the two regions;
- Coordinate alignment of IUCN’s regional plastics work with other global and regional initiatives, including EPPIC, UNEP GPML, Nairobi Convention, BRS Conventions and with regional intergovernmental, private sector and civil society mechanisms and processes;
- Spearhead the day-to-day coordination of project implementation and activities delivery across countries to ensure the highest quality of outputs and outcomes in line with project workplans and budgets;
- Participate in the development of relevant programme KPIs and ensure that adequate measures are in place for their monitoring and reporting;
- Support the regional COR team on technical reporting and on the development of a ‘Plastic Best Practices’ annual report.
- An advanced university degree preferably in relevant disciplines, such as, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management, Sustainability Studies, Policy and Environmental law, or related fields;
- Professional certification in circular economy, waste management, environmental design, sustainable material management or in other relevant areas will be an added advantage.
- Computer literacy in relation to office applications (word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint) use of internet and online communication tools;
- We are looking for an outstanding, hands-on, highly motivated, autonomous, innovative, solution oriented, results driven and resourceful individual with at least 8 to 10 years of proven experience;
- Sound expertise in programme/project development, research, implementation, and/or management of environmental projects or related fields;
- Strong expertise and experience in marine plastics-related projects/programs, which include recycling, and plastic pollution prevention; working on relevant regulations and policies related to waste management; Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) frameworks for reducing plastic pollution; implementation of solutions to address single-use, unnecessary and other plastics of concern.
- Good understanding of plastic life cycle assessment (LCA) methodologies; waste characterization techniques; and waste management infrastructure;
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IUCN Regional Plastics Manager Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 14 February 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy