UN Habitat Associate Programme Management Officer Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Associate Programme Management Officer”. Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 04 October 2022.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat Associate Programme Management Officer Jobs 2022
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 22 September 2022 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Associate Programme Management Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Human Settlement Programme (UN Habitat)|
|Position||Associate Programme Management Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced university degree|
|Experience Required||A minimum of two years|
|Application Deadline||04 October 2022|
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2022
Within delegated authority, the Associate Programme Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Works with key clients to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects, etc.; monitors and analyzes specific aspects of programme/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and recommends corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions.
- Carries out basic research on selected aspects of programmes, operations and other activities, etc., to include collecting, analyzing and presenting statistical data and other information gathered from diverse sources.
- Provides substantive support for policy coordination and evaluation functions, including the review and analysis of emerging issues and trends, participation in evaluations or research activities and studies.
- Assists in performing consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
- Participates in survey initiatives; assists with design of data collection tools; issues data collection tools, reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares preliminary conclusions.
- Contributes to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Provides administrative and substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying and proposed participants, preparation of background documents and presentations, handling logistics, etc.
- Undertakes outreach activities; participates in the development of training workshops, seminars, etc.; participates in and makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Participates in field missions, including provision of substantive and administrative support, data collection, etc.
- Coordinates activities related to budget funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and preparation of related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
- Performs other duties as required.
- An Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business administration, civil or environmental engineering, management, economics or a related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in project/programme management, administration or related area is required
- Experience in formulating funding proposals is desirable
- Job Opening Number: 22-Human Settlements-UN-HABITAT-191199-J-Nairobi (E)
- Selection Process: Interview
- Languages: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Associate Programme Management Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 04 October 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|