UN Habitat Communication and Coordination Consultant Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Communication and Coordination Consultant”. Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before 09 March 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat Communication and Coordination Consultant Jobs 2023
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 02 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Communication and Coordination Consultant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN Habitat)|
|Position||Research, Communication and Coordination Consultant|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||2 year|
|Application Deadline||09 March 2023|
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
Under the guidance of the Programme Manager for the PSUP, the consultant will have responsibilities as outlined below:
- Provide technical support to countries in the Caribbean, Pacific and Africa
- Manage the Public Space and Community Center project in Montego Bay, Jamaica. This includes a public space assessment of the area, stakeholder engagement, facilitating participatory design workshops using the Her City and Minecraft tool, developing a design brief, site plan and detailed architectural design
- Manage the Nine Mile Community Market project in Port Moresby, PNG. This includes monitoring and evaluation, finalizing the implementation of Phase 1 and seeking additional funding for Phase 2 and producing impact stories
- Develop a regional Caribbean project proposal for green climate-resilient public spaces and community centers
- Manage the CADC project in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Develop and conduct research on environmentally sustainable, climate-resilient design solutions and participatory processes relevant for slum upgrading
Qualification & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in field(s) of architecture, urban development, urban planning, social sciences, international development, political science, economics or similar is required.
- 2 year experience in project implementation, research and/or community engagement, related to land, housing and shelter, slum upgrading and urban regeneration is required.
Fluency in English is required.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Communication and Coordination Consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 09 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|