UN Habitat Intern – Climate Change Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Intern – Climate Change”. Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before 05 October 2022.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat Intern – Climate Change Jobs 2022
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 22 September 2022 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Intern – Climate Change to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Human Settlement Programme (UN Habitat)|
|Position||Intern – Climate Change|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||No working experience is required|
|Application Deadline||05 October 2022|
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2022
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background; the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the supervision of the Program Management Officer, the intern will:
- Support the development of climate resilience and vulnerability analysis and diagnosis using Geographic Information systems and statistical information (climate-risk hotpots, green and blue infrastructure, watersheds, Nature-based Solutions (NbS), Ecosystem-based Adaptation (EbA), etc.) for projects developed in the Urban Lab in Mexico and Nairobi.
- Support the assessment of ecosystem services of Nature-based Solutions in urban areas, including the implementation of indicators to measure the effectiveness and capacity of NbS to increase climate resilience of urban areas.
- Assist in the development of climate-related plans, solutions, strategies, recommendations, actions, and projects to support UN-Habitat interventions at the national and local level, as well as in participatory workshops, trainings, presentations, and charrettes.
- Support the elaboration of concept notes and project proposals, as well as normative and technical documents related to urban planning and climate change adaptation and mitigation, as well as climate action financing.
- Conduct research and produce actionable outputs in climate action planning and design, urban regeneration, and climate innovation in urban planning and housing according to professional experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Familiarizing oneself with the United Nations;
- Familiarizing oneself with urban planning, urban environmental issues and urban development;
- Conduct research and implement projects in state-of-the-art areas of urban planning such as climate change mitigation and adaptation, digital technologies for sustainable urban development, urban resilience.
- Assisting in the development of content and methodology on urban planning and climate change adaptation and mitigation.
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with Bachelor’s degree, Masters, PhD or equivalent
Be computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office, Adobe).
Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Preferred areas of studies:
Environmental Studies, Climate Change Sciences, Sustainable Development, Urban Planning, Urban Studies, Urban Economy, Architecture, GIS, Geography.
Portfolio of your work (please add a link in the Cover Letter).
No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
Experience in the development of climate change and urban resilience projects is desirable.
Availability to work for six (6) months full-time (8 hours a day during office hours) is required.
- Job Opening Number: 22-Programme Management-UN-HABITAT-191278-J-Mexico City (O)
- Selection Process: Interview
- Languages: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Intern – Climate Change Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 05 October 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|