UN Habitat Intern – Policy Legislation and Governance Section Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Intern – Policy Legislation and Governance Section”. Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before 05 October 2022.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat Intern – Policy Legislation and Governance Section Jobs 2022
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 22 September 2022 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Intern – Policy Legislation and Governance Section to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Human Settlement Programme (UN Habitat)|
|Position||Intern – Policy Legislation and Governance Section|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||No working experience is required|
|Application Deadline||05 October 2022|
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2022
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background; the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief, the interns will:
Research and Copy Editing
- Review introductory materials of the PLGS portfolio and research on contemporary topics related to the Policy, Legislation and Governance Section in the context of sustainable urbanization and the implementation of the New Urban Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Analyze and present the data gathered from diverse sources in reports, tools, and normative products among others;
- Copy-edit and finalize project reports/deliverables (e.g. NUP and URL)
- Assist in translation and review of background documents, concept notes among others from English to French and French to English as appropriate.
Tools Development and Management
- Assist in developing tools, frameworks and guidelines, policy documents, and/or concept notes to build the PLGS portfolio on Policy, Legislation and governance-related work and Metropolitan studies;
- Assist in developing tools, frameworks, and guidelines, study of cases, policy documents, and/or concept notes to build the PLGS portfolio on Subnational Urban Policy and intermediate cities;
- Assist in identifying research gaps and undertake activities, with the collaboration of research institutions, to fill any identified gaps in order to augment the Section’s portfolio;
- Assist in database management and NUP / URL assessment framework, including data mining, data visualization back-end management, and data collection from regional/country offices/partners to enlarge section knowledge repository.
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with Bachelor’s degree, Masters, PhD or equivalent
Be computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office).
Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter and the New Urban Agenda;
Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Preferred areas of studies:
Urban/Public Policy, Governance, Urban and Territorial Planning, Law, Urban Development, Metropolitan Management, Communications and IT, Project Development or Management, Architecture, or other related fields (Master or PhD candidate preferable).
It is mandatory to undertake the NUP E-Learning and attach the certificate. Kindly see the link below.
Strong interest in PLGS’s portfolio of works and is self-motivation is an asset;
Strong writing skills; experience with academic writing or reporting is an asset;
Good analytical skills; experience with research and/or familiarity with research methodologies is an asset;
Knowledge of Programming language, Java script etc. Knowledge of web design, UX design, back end and front end development is an asset;
Knowledge of design or web software such as the Adobe creative suite (e.g. Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop) is an asset;
Ability to work and deliver outputs independently in a timely manner, with minimal supervision is an asset.
Based on the four (4) categories of tasks, each candidate shall prioritize her/his category of interest in the scale of 0 to 5. The level 5 will be considered as the best category in which the candidate expresses more confidence. All the categories shall be rated by each candidate applying
No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
Justification of your first choice among (i) project development and management, (ii) drafting and communications, (iii) tools development and management, and (iv) research and copy editing, the four categories listed in this Term of Reference (TOR) and the skills needed to perform better in your first choice is desirable.
Knowledge of Policy, Legislation, and Governance is required.
Knowledge of how you will contribute to the work of the Policy, Legislation, and Governance Section based on the Terms of Reference is desirable.
- Job Opening Number: 22-Programme Management-UN-HABITAT-191018-J-Nairobi (O)
- Selection Process: Interview
- Languages: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Intern – Policy Legislation and Governance Section Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 05 October 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|