UN Habitat International Technical Advisor Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “International Technical Advisor”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 19 March 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat International Technical Advisor Jobs 2023
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 13 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of International Technical Advisor to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN Habitat)|
|Position||International Technical Advisor|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Ten (10) years|
|Application Deadline||19 March 2023|
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the shared supervision of UN-Habitat’s Land, Housing and Shelter Section and its housing and slum upgrading Team and Regional Office for Africa, and in close collaboration with local stakeholders, the consultant will be responsible for the following duties:
- CityRAP for Coastal Adaptation Project (Guinea-Bissau)
- Phase B of SDF (Guinea-Bissau)
- National Housing Strategy (Guinea-Bissau)
- Peace-building Fund (Guinea-Bissau)
- Trust Fund for Human Security (Cabo Verde)
- Decentralization Fund (Cabo Verde)
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced University Degree (Masters or equivalent) in a field relevant to housing and public policy, social sciences, international development, political science, or similar is required. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Ten (10) years of relevant professional experience in policy development related to sustainable urban development, housing, policy preferably in developing country contexts and within international organizations is required.
- Experience with housing and urban policy formulation and implementation in developing countries, in particular Lusophone countries in Africa. Previous experience with UN policies and procedures as well as prior experience working with the United Nations is an asset.
Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of Portuguese both written and oral is an advantage.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat International Technical Advisor Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 19 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- UNICEF Nutrition Specialist Jobs
- UNON Property Management Assistant Jobs
- UNON Human Resources Officer Jobs
- United Nations Secretariat Interpreter Jobs
- UNEP Administrative Assistant Jobs
- UNEP Senior Gender Affairs Officer Jobs
- DRC WASH Assistant Jobs
- UNOPS Partnership Development Intern Jobs