UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Programme Management Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 08 June 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs 2023
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 13 May 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Management Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN Habitat)|
|Position||Programme Management Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum of seven years|
|Application Deadline||08 June 2023|
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
- Performs consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
- Researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
- Provide technical assistance to relevant institutions in kenya on issues related to affordable housing and informal settlements (Ministry of Housing, Land and Urban Development, KISIP, Kenya Corporate Housing)
- Coordinates policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies,
- Generates survey initiatives; designs data collection tools; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identify problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Housing, architecture, civil engineering, urban and regional planning, economics or physical sciences relevant to development and management of human settlements or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in human settlements, project or programme management or related field is required.
- Two years working experience in housing or urban planning or slum upgrading within Africa is desirable.
- Proven experience in human settlements development fields, projects/programme design and implementation with the UN or other international agencies is desirable.
- 2 years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 08 June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- UNEP Senior Administrative Assistant Jobs
- UNON Nurse Jobs
- UNON Engineer Jobs
- UNODC Programme Assistant Jobs
- UNDRR Risk data Expert Jobs
- UNEP Programme Management Officer Jobs
- Human Rights Watch Great Lakes Researcher Jobs
- IRC Budget and Operations Manager Jobs