UN Habitat Specialist Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Specialist”. Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 09 March 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat Specialist Jobs 2023
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 02 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN Habitat)|
|Position||Specialist on Urban Young People|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced university degree|
|Experience Required||2 year|
|Application Deadline||09 March 2023|
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
The consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Conduct a literature review on governance, digital engagement and inclusive public spaces within the context of each country and assess the situation particularly for young women
- Mentoring and training of the YGI evidence-gathering team in each country
- Develop a research framework on youth and governance, digital engagement and inclusive public spaces that aligns with planning and policy requirments in each context
- Co-design evidence-gathering methodologies and tools for research and evaluation activities
- Review and provide input on studio curriculum design
- Co-design with country youth advisors a framework and tool for benchmarking, measuring and monitoring youth wellbeing and health (in collaboration with WHO)
Qualification & Experience:
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this consultancy, fluency in oral and written English is a requirement. Knowledge of French or Spanish is an asset
Fluency in English is required.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 09 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|