UN Habitat Urban Economist Jobs 2024 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Urban Economist”.
Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 02 March 2024.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat Urban Economist Jobs 2024
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 09 February 2024 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Urban Economist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN Habitat)
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum of seven (7) years
|02 March 2024
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2024
- Monitoring economic developments in a defined area and identifying recurrent and emerging issues of interest to UN-Habitat and urban development.
- Designing and conducting studies of selected issues in urban economic development and draft resulting reports.
- Developing models, interpreting and applying results of econometric modelling to analysis of economic prospects and policies affecting urban and regional economies.
- Providing analytical inputs and economic perspectives to policy analysis and operational studies, and global reports in the area of urban planning, urban finance, infrastructure and housing.
- Identifying themes for research, tools and programme development in the areas of local and urban economic development.
- Developing draft policy recommendations pertaining to area of work.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in economics or related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in economic research and analysis, policy formulation, application of economic principles in development programmes or related area is required.
- Experience in development and planning of projects and programmes in the field of urban economy is desirable.
- Experience in developing partnerships with development banks, UN regional economic commissions, UN agencies, economic research institutions, private sector and other relevant players in the area of urban economy and urban development is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Urban Economist Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 02 March 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy