UN Habitat Urban Planner for the SAHEL Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Urban Planner for the SAHEL”. Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 30 September 2022.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat Urban Planner for the SAHEL Jobs 2022
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 22 September 2022 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Urban Planner for the SAHEL to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Human Settlement Programme (UN Habitat)|
|Position||Urban Planner for the SAHEL|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced university degree|
|Experience Required||Minimum of 2 years|
|Application Deadline||30 September 2022|
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Human Settlements Officer (SHSO) in the Regional Office for Africa and Task Manager for West Africa, and in close collaboration with the Technical leading Team (TLT) of the project, the Urban Planner for Sahel will be responsible for providing substantive and administrative contributions to regional work on the Central Sahel. Within the Regional Office for Africa, the consultant will perform the following duties:
- Provide inputs to the development and drafting of the annotated outline and detailed terms of reference of the Regional Assessment on the Systems of Cities of the Sahel.
- Provide original written content where needed and assist the Senior Sahel Regional Specialist to undertake ongoing evidence-gathering to fill critical information and research gaps and support the preparation the interim drafts of the Regional Assessment with a focus on the regional level.
- Coordinate the internal consultations and approvals, and external and peer review processes and validation of the Regional Assessment.
- Familiarizing oneself with the United Nations;
- Familiarizing oneself with urban planning, urban environmental issues and urban development;
- Conduct research and implement projects in state-of-the-art areas of urban planning such as climate change mitigation and adaptation, digital technologies for sustainable urban development, urban resilience.
- Assisting in the development of content and methodology on urban planning and climate change adaptation and mitigation.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Urban Planning, Geography, Development Studies, International Relations and/ or other relevant discipline with a focus on human settlements is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience in the field of urban planning at the international level is required.
- The candidate must have a demonstrable understanding of urban development processes, urban planning, urban social issues, urban policy analysis and/ or the Humanitarian-Development-Peace nexus.
- Good understanding and knowledge of urbanization issues in the Sahel region is required.
- Experience in coordinating and working with high-level government officials and/ or UN bodies is highly desirable.
- Experience delivering training and capacity development activities is highly desirable.
- Experience within multi-cultural international institutions would be considered an asset.
- Capacity to analyze and synthesize information.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Fluency in oral and written French and English is required.
- Job Opening Number: 22-United Nations Human Settlements Programme-190980-Consultant
- Selection Process: Interview
- Language: Fluency in oral and written French and English is required.
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Urban Planner for the SAHEL Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 30 September 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|