UNDP UNAIDS Programme Officer Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNDP Kenya looking for “UNAIDS Programme Officer”. Applicants with a degree in Master Degree may apply on or before 20th June 2022.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
UNDP UNAIDS Programme Officer Jobs 2022
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 18th May 2022 for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of UNAIDS Programme Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Development Programme|
|Position||UNAIDS Programme Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||20th June 2022|
UNDP Job Vacancy 2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, leverage strategic partnerships and coordinate UN system wide response to support the implementation of the Global AIDS Strategy 2021-2026 and the Political Declaration Commitment by ending inequality that fuel the AIDS epidemic within the SDG framework.
- Promote generation and use of strategic information to better understand the source of inequality and barriers that fuel new infections, track the epidemic, measure progress and impact of the response.
- Support efforts to strengthen capacities of communities, community led monitoring and their meaningful engagement in Universal Health, social protection and human rights mechanisms applying GIPA principles.
- Provide intellectual leadership to guide policy decisions and programmes, including the creation of an enabling political, fiscal and legal environment and full integration of HIV in humanitarian settings.
- Promote, support and guide national partners, the UN system and private sector in integrating HIV and AIDS into wider Universal Health Coverage and country development plans both at national and subnational levels to end AIDS as a public health threat by 2030 leaving no one behind.
- Will liaise and work closely with the UCO team, UN Joint Team on AIDS, GF, PEPFAR, country level partners, and Community networks to harmonize and advance an evidence-informed approach to the national AIDS response.
- Support the UCO in contributing to the RCO led joint UN initiatives within the UN reform agenda including the SDG Partnership Platform that brings government, Private sector, Foundations and Development Partners.
- Support engagement and partnership with private sector for innovative and sustainable solutions
- Will have an important role in supporting the UCO, NACC, civil society organisations, People living with HIV networks, the UNJT to effectively contribute to the HIV response in addressing gender equality, advancing human rights and climate change.
- Strengthening HIV communication and advocacy, as well as COVID-19 impact on HIV services for special groups.
- Assist the UCO in documentation and compilations of human stories in relation to HIV prevention, treatment and care, human rights and HIV related stigma and discrimination on.
- Support documentation of best practices and innovations for knowledge management
- Support counties to effectively coordinate and implement KASF II and Global AIDS Strategy priority result areas towards achieving 95:95:95.
- Assist the UCO in tracking COVID-19 developments and related data for reporting on various platforms and the impact of COVID-19 in the HIV response for special groups of UNAIDS interest (PLHIV, AGYW, women, young people, Key populations and People living with disability) .
Position in Organization:
- UNAIDS Programme Officer
- Job Identification: 3751
- Locations: Nairobi, Kenya
- Posting Date: 05/18/2022, 04:52 PM
- Apply Before: 06/20/2022, 03:29 AM
- Degree Level: Advanced/Postgraduate Degree
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Agency: UNAIDS
- Grade: P2
- Vacancy Type: Fixed Term
- Practice Area: Health
- Bureau: Regional Bureau for Africa
- Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
- Education & Work Experience: Master’s Degree – 2 year(s) experience OR Bachelor’s Degree – 4 year(s) experience
- Other Criteria: MA + 2 years of experience OR BA + 3 years of experience. Open only to Developing country nationals from Nedworc List
- Required Languages: English
- Desired Languages: the knowledge of other UN languages is always an asset
- Vacancy Timeline: 4 Weeks
- Mobility required/no mobility: no mobility required
- Master degree or equivalent in international development, international relations, Communication, public health, management or similar fields.
- Minimal 2 years to maximum 4 years (with MA) or minimal 3 years to maximum 4 years (with BA) relevant working experience preferably in programme management in public or private sector at the national or international level, experience in data analysis and coordination.
- Experience working in the areas of gender, human rights, humanitarian setting including working with refugees and internally displaced people, and civil society partnership will be an advantage.
- Working experience within the UN system should not exceed 50% of the relevant working experience including UNV, (paid) UN internship and UN consultancy.
- All paid work experience since obtaining Bachelor’s degree can be considered. Internships will be considered if relevant to the position.
How to Apply UNDP UNAIDS Programme Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 20th June 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click To View|
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|