UNDSS Security Coordination Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
UNDSS Kenya looking for “Security Coordination Officer”.
Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 21 October 2023.
The Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) is a department of the United Nations providing professional safety and security services to enable the United Nations to deliver its programmes globally. UNDSS reports directly to the Secretary-General. UNDSS manages a network of security advisers, analysts, officers and coordinators in more than 100 countries in support of around 180,000 United Nations personnel, 400,000 dependents and 4,500 United Nations premises worldwide.
UNDSS Security Coordination Officer Jobs 2023
The UNDSS has published a job vacancy announcement on 08 September 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Security Coordination Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS)|
|Position||Security Coordination Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum of five (5) years|
|Application Deadline||21 October 2023|
UNDSS Job Vacancy 2023
- Supports budget, finance and logistical planning for the DPU and participates in relevant United Nations administration, finance, and logistics forums. Supports resource mobilization, formulates work plans and follows up on its implementation. Manages performance of security personnel under his/her supervision.
- Actively implements departmental approaches to mainstreaming gender, diversity and inclusion into all aspects of the work as well as ensuring the implementation of people-centred security risk management approaches considering specific threats or vulnerabilities of personnel and adapting practices measures in support of diversity and inclusion.
- Collects and analyzes data to identify trends or patterns and provide insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods to enable data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
- Performs other related functions as assigned.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business or public administration, political/social science, psychology, criminal justice, law, international relations, security management or a related field is required. A relevant first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. A first-level university degree may be substituted with a diploma from a police or military education institution, college or academy obtained over a minimum of a three-year period.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in international relations, disarmament affairs, conflict resolution, crime or terrorism prevention, security, risk, disaster, post disaster rehabilitation and reconstruction or emergency management is required.
- Five (5) years experience in preparedness in the public or private sector areas responsible for responding to emergency situations that directly impact security is required.
- Experience in planning, design, implementation or review of risk mitigation measures related to operations impacted by insecurity and/or humanitarian assistance is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of an additional United Nations official language is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDSS Security Coordination Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 21 October 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|