UNEP Administrative Specialist Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNEP Kenya looking for “Administrative Specialist”. Applicants with a degree in Bachelor Degree may apply on or before 31st March 2022.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
UNEP Administrative Specialist Jobs 2022
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 21st March 2022 for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Administrative Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||31st March 2022|
UNEP Job Vacancy 2022
Job Description: Under the overall guidance and supervision of Chief of Unit of the Freshwater Ecosystems Unit, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:-
- Assistance to the Chief, Freshwater Unit;
- Maintain the supervisor’s calendar and schedule appointments;
- Maintain and share information in support of the regular meetings and administrative processes of entire FEU unit, including through MS Teams and shared folders;
- Proactively manage and maintain the preparation of Programme of Work and budget processes for the Freshwater Unit, including setting up the new Freshwater Project Document into UNEP’s online systems; keeping under review and ensuring that project information is up-to-date in UNEP online systems (e.g. project team composition, upload of supporting documents, project implementation timeframe etc)
- Keep weekly track of budget overviews, review and process payments for legal agreements and report on the Freshwater Unit’s projects and donor funds, in regular communication with FEU, administrative and finance colleagues at UNEP;
- Draft memos, keep track of administrative and finance processes, start and move forward administrative and finance processes for the FEU;
- Compile inputs, support the procurement of goods and services and prepare reporting on programme delivery for the Freshwater Unit biennially into electronic systems and update the status of activities;
- Undertake searches for information from electronic databases, internet, library and other sources of information for the preparation of papers and briefs as needed;
- Compile publications, mission reports for inclusion in UN Environment reports and/or report on the implementation of Governing Council and Environment Assembly decisions;
- Prepare travel authorizations for official missions and ensure security clearance has been obtained;
- Compile mission files, briefing notes and ensure all relevant meeting documentation are included;
- Assist in improving time and management efficiency by serving as a direct contact with staff in the Freshwater Unit, relay directives and instructions for and on behalf of the Chief of the Freshwater Unit to other staff. Keep abreast of the Chief’s schedule;
Position in Organization:
- Description of assignment title: Administrative Specialist
- Assignment country: Kenya
- Expected start date: 17/04/2022
- Sustainable Development Goal: 13. Climate action
- Volunteer category: National UN Volunteer Specialist
- DoA reserved for persons with disabilities: No
- Host entity: UNEP
- Type: Onsite
- Duration: 12 months
- Number of assignments: 1
- Duty stations: Nairobi
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance.
- 3 years of experience in Business Administration, Finance or equivalent experience. Familiarity with UMOJA ERP would be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years at the national level or 2 year at the international level in implementation of environmental related programmes, projects and activities is required.
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency in Ms word, excel and power point various Microsoft office packages are required.
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Have affinity with or interest in environmental matters volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
How to Apply UNEP Administrative Specialist Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://app.unv.org/opportunities/1687042493558016
The Closing Date: 31st March 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|