UNEP COBSEA Strategic Directions Consultant Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNEP Kenya looking for “COBSEA Strategic Directions Consultant”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 04 December 2022.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
UNEP COBSEA Strategic Directions Consultant Jobs 2022
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 25 November 2022 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of COBSEA Strategic Directions Consultant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)|
|Position||COBSEA Strategic Directions Consultant|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||A minimum of seven years|
|Application Deadline||04 December 2022|
UNEP Job Vacancy 2022
Duties and Responsibilities: +
The consultant will develop the COBSEA Strategic Directions 2023-2027, following the set of activities:
Initial Research and consultations on the Strategic Directions
- Review Outcome of the IGM25 regarding the Strategic Directions; review all relevant UNEA resolutions, relevant global and regional targets and conventions
- Online consultations with participating countries, stakeholders and relevant UNEP staff (survey, interviews, etc)
- Develop the initial elements of the Strategic Directions
First Draft of the Strategic Directions
- Present the initial elements of the new Strategic Directions at a regional webinar
- Based on inputs of the COBSEA participating countries, develop the first draft of the Strategic Directions 2023-2027
- Circulate the first draft to COBSEA participating countries for their review and further inputs
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in environmental sciences, natural resource management or a related field is required.
- A minimum of seven years experience in strategic planning and management, programme development and coordination, fund management and programming of coastal and marine environments including resource mobilization is required
- Knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation is desirable
- Work experience in preparing meeting reports and documents is required.
- Experience working in the East Asian Seas region and with Regional Seas programmes is desirable.
- Excellent analytical skills in ensuring drafted report findings and recommendations are regionally appropriate, relevant and actionable is required.
- Good written and oral communications skills are required.
- Working experience in a multicultural environment including United Nations would be an asset.
- Previous involvement in and knowledge of Regional Seas and/or COBSEA work is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNEP COBSEA Strategic Directions Consultant Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 04 December 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|