UNEP Communications Consultant Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNEP Kenya looking for “Communications Consultant”. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before 6th May 2022.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
UNEP Communications Consultant Jobs 2022
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 2nd May 2022 for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Communications Consultant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)|
|Position||Communications Consultant Global Peatlands Initiative|
|Total Vacant Post||22|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||6th May 2022|
UNEP Job Vacancy 2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
The consultant will undertake the following tasks:
- Desk review of relevant documents and information pertaining to UNEP’s engagement with the UN development reform, partnerships with the UN system and the SDGs.
- Identify key internal and external stakeholders to strengthen UNEP’s effort in leveraging the UN development reform for enhanced implementation of the environmental dimension of the SDGs.
- Strengthen the internal communication and engagement plan to facilitate the uptake and implementation of internal policies and approaches on the UN Development System (UNDS) reform, the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), UN partnerships, Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and South South and Triangular Cooperation (SSTC) in UNEP.
- Define the strategic approach in engaging UN entities and the UN resident coordinator system in integrating the environmental dimension of the SDGs in their work.
- Implement key activities and develop key products defined in the communication and engagement plan
- Identify and/or develop relevant key messages to inform and engage UNEP staff and UN partners effectively.
- Develop written and digital content to disseminate organizational positions, approaches and best practices on the implementation of the SDGs and UNDS reform.
- Develop or guide the development of identified key communication products.
- Manage the intranet space on the UNDS reform, SDGs, UN partnerships, LDCs and SSTC and advise team members on the development of user-centric content.
- Coordinate members of the relevant communities of practice and task teams in developing strategic and content-driven material, including by providing guidance, tools, best practices and direct support.
- Strengthen channels for dissemination of information and knowledge products.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Communications Consultant – Global Peatlands Initiative
- Department/Office: United Nations Environment Programme
- Duty Station: NAIROBI
- Posting Period: 28 April 2022 – 06 May 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-United Nations Environment Programme-179059-Consultant
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- First University degree preferably with a specialization in environmental sciences, conservation biology, or related areas is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of progressive experience in conducting communications and outreach work the field of environmental conservation, or science to policy work is required. Experience working on peatlands and/or ecosystems as a topic in the context of developing countries is required. Experience in undertaking targeted research and analysis and possess excellent communication skills with experience drafting web content and/or scientific reports is desirable. Skills and experience in networking, outreach, and engaging with multiple parties is desirable.
How to Apply UNEP Communications Consultant Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=179059
The Closing Date: 6th May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|