UNEP Communications Officer Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNEP Kenya looking for “Communications Officer”. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before 1st Sept 2022 .
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
UNEP Communications Officer Jobs 2022
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 20th Aug 2022 for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Communications Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Environment Programme|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Seven years|
|Application Deadline||1st Sept 2022|
UNEP Job Vacancy 2022
- Leads public communications for the INC Secretariat.
- Maintains knowledge management system of the Secretariat.
- Maintaining up to date web-based material on the progress of the INC.
- Ensures implementation of information programs to publicize priority issues and/or major events, to include drafting information strategies, coordinating efforts, monitoring and reporting on progress, taking appropriate follow-up action, and analyzing the outcome.
- Monitors and analyzes current events, public opinion and press, identifies issues and trends, and advises management on appropriate action/responses.
- Undertakes activities to promote media coverage (e.g. press conferences, interviews, press seminars and other special activities) of priority issues and/or major events, to include development of a media strategy and action plan, initiating pro-active media outreach efforts, proposing and arranging press conferences/media coverage, disseminating materials and consulting with press on approach/story angle and other information requests, undertaking appropriate follow-up action and analyzing and reporting on the impact of coverage.
- Produces or oversees production of a specific type or types (e.g. print, broadcast, etc.) of information communications products (e.g. press kits, press releases, feature articles, speeches, booklets, brochures, backgrounders, audio-visual materials, radio spot program, etc.), to include proposing topics, undertaking research, determining appropriate medium and target audience, preparing production plans, writing drafts, obtaining clearances and finalizing texts, editing copy, and coordinating design approval, printing procedures and distribution.
- Prepares, on the basis of official UN documentation and other sources, initial drafts of articles or chapters for inclusion in UN newsletters, periodicals, reports and books.
- Initiates and sustains professional relationships with key constituencies.
- Acts as focal point on specific issues, monitoring and reporting on developments, responding to inquiries, etc.
- Participates in selecting the information transmitted to key constituencies.
- Collects and analyzes data to identify trends or patterns and provide insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods to enable data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
- Provides guidance to, and may supervise, more junior staff.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER, P3 (Temporary Job Opening)
- Job Code Title: COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
- Department/Office: United Nations Environment Programme
- Duty Station: NAIROBI
- Posting Period: 19 August 2022 – 01 September 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-Public Information-UNEP-187713-J-Nairobi (X)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or Doctorate degree, or equivalent) in communication, journalism, international relations, public administration or related fields is required.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in public information, journalism, international relations, public administration or related area is required.
- Experience in writing for the web for a complex international organization comparable to the UN is required.
- Experience coordinating communications work across time zones, departments, office and entities is desirable.
- Experience managing a multicultural team working across multiple time zones is desirable.
- Two (2) years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
How to Apply UNEP Communications Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=187713
The Closing Date: 1st Sept 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|