UNEP Forest Carbon Finance Consultant Jobs 2021 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNEP Kenya looking for “Forest Carbon Finance Consultant”. Applicants with a degree in Master’s degree may apply on or before 02 August 2021.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
UNEP Forest Carbon Finance Consultant Jobs 2021
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 27th July 2021 for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Forest Carbon Finance Consultant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Environment Programme|
|Position||Forest Carbon Finance Consultant|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Ten years|
|Application Deadline||02 August 2021|
UNEP Job Vacancy 2021
Duties and Responsibilities: The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. The United Nations Programme on Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation, or UN-REDD Programme, is an interagency UN flagship partnership that supports nationally led REDD+ processes and promotes the informed and meaningful involvement of all stakeholders, including indigenous peoples and other forest-dependent communities, in national and international REDD+ implementation.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Forest Carbon Finance Consultant
- Department/Office: United Nations Environment Programme
- Duty Station: NAIROBI
- Posting Period: 22 July 2021 – 02 August 2021
- Job Opening Number: 21-United Nations Environment Programme-160018-Consultant
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in natural resources management, environmental/social sciences, environmental law or related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum of ten years of progressively responsible working experience in REDD+, forestry and climate mitigation/adaptation or related fields is required. Familiarity with forest carbon offsets, voluntary carbon markets and carbon standards like ART TREES, VERRA, JNR, GCF etc. is desirable. Experience delivering advisory services in the form of policy briefs, short technical papers, in-depth studies and detailed technical analyses is an advantage.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this consultancy, fluency in spoken and written English is required. Knowledge of any other official UN languages would be an asset.
- Contract Type: Full-Time
- Selection Process: Application, Interview Meeting, Processing, Or Training
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNEP Forest Carbon Finance Consultant Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=160018
The Closing Date: 02 August 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|