UNICEF Communication Officer Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNICEF Kenya looking for “Communication Officer”. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before 19th April 2022.
UNICEF is a Christian international relief and development agency working globally to end poverty and injuries and to restore hope in some of the world’s poorest communities. UNICEF have the vision to see 50 million people released from material and spiritual poverty through a worldwide network of 100,000 local churches. We operate in more than fifty countries around the world.
UNICEF Communication Officer Jobs 2022
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 14th April 2022 for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Communication Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Children’s Fund|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||19th April 2022|
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2022
Scope of Work: The overall objective of the position is to provide media relations support to the UNICEF Kenya country office, especially during the 2022 elections campaign and ongoing drought. Under the overall guidance of the Communication Specialist, the Media Relations Officer will:
- Implement strategic partnerships with Standard Group and Nation Media Group to help promote priority issues for children – early years, connecting schools, primary health care, social protection, ending violence and climate change – in a sustained way during the election period. Support media activities during this period, including child/youth competitions, story collection from the field on the six issues and political debates. Conduct training for UNICEF staff on handling media interviews during the election period.
- Support the Nutrition and WASH sections in developing and implementing a media visibility plan for the ongoing drought in the ASAL counties of Kenya, including developing media and human-interest stories about UNICEF’s support for the humanitarian response, and longer-term resilience building. Lead media visits to produce content for print, TV or radio. Include donor visibility where relevant.
- Support the Health and C4D sections in raising awareness of COVID-19 behaviour change through the media, including combatting rumours, misinformation and vaccine hesitancy. Support the Ministry of Health with media outreach and invitations to COVID-related events.
- Write media materials for UNICEF events, reports launches and other media moments. Mobilise media to attend launch events and press conferences. Prepare and send a weekly internal news update by email. Organise interviews and media cafés as needed, to highlight priority children’s issues.
Position in Organization:
- Communication Officer
- Job no: 550121
- Contract type: Temporary Appointment
- Duty Station: Nairobi
- Level: NO-2
- Location: Kenya
- Categories: Communication
- Deadline: 19th April 2022
- A university degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, or another relevant field is required.
- Two years of practical professional work experience in communication, print and broadcast media, or interactive digital media is required. Background/familiarity with Emergency situations is considered as an asset.
How to Apply UNICEF Communication Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/550121
The Closing Date: 19th April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|