UNICEF Nutrition Specialist Jobs 2024 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
UNICEF Kenya looking for “Nutrition Specialist”.
Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 09 February 2024.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
UNICEF Nutrition Specialist Jobs 2024
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 30 January 2024 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Nutrition Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum of 5 years
|09 February 2024
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2024
How can you make a difference?
Under the overall supervision of UNICEF Kenya Chief of Nutrition, the Nutrition Specialist TA will be responsible for technical support in the development and implementation of policies, programmes, advocacy and knowledge generation for food systems transformation for children, addressing all forms of malnutrition and covering young children, school age children and adolescents, and mothers.
The key responsibilities of the Nutrition Specialist, Food Systems for Children are summarized as follows:
- Contribute to the development and results-based planning of sectoral program goals and objectives by identifying data gaps; generating evidence on food systems as they relate to all forms of malnutrition, the landscape of existing policies, strategies and stakeholders; identifying entry points for UNICEF and developing corresponding strategies.
- Serve as a focal point and collaborate with UNICEF ESARO Food Systems consultants from Bioversity on the work to operationalize UNICEF Food Systems for Children approach in the context of Kenya.
- Contribute to the development and/or introduction of new, innovative approaches within UNICEF and other UN agencies by keeping abreast on research and cutting-edge practices in nutrition and food systems.
- Facilitate approval and review of food systems programming
Qualification & Experience:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in public health or nutrition (preferably with specialized training in one or more of the following: public health and nutrition planning, health and nutrition education, health care system management, overweight and NCD prevention or epidemiology); food systems, food policy, food technology, social policy, social development, community development, food policy, or other relevant disciplines.
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience of working in nutrition and food systems agenda
- Experience in designing and implementing food and nutrition policies/programs in liaison with government.
- Proven experience in training, support supervision, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a strong attention to details.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF Nutrition Specialist Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 09 February 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy