UNICEF Social and Behavior Change Specialist Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNICEF Kenya looking for “Social and Behavior Change Specialist”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 21 March 2023.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
UNICEF Social and Behavior Change Specialist Jobs 2023
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 09 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Social and Behavior Change Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)|
|Position||Social and Behavior Change Specialist|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||A minimum of 5 years|
|Application Deadline||21 March 2023|
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the SBC Specialist (Emergencies) (P4) and in close coordination with section staff and others involved in emergency preparedness and response, this position will support the SBC section with the follow up of various actions related to country office support, financial monitoring, fundraising and capacity building, ensuring effectiveness and delivery of results in accordance with UNICEF’s Core Commitment for Children in Emergencies (CCCs) and international humanitarian standards.
- Providing technical support to UNICEF staff, government and humanitarian national and sub-national counterparts in the development and appropriate use of Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) guidelines and tools and guides.
- Collaborating/consulting with a wide range of partners and stakeholders to contribute to and ensure synergy, integration, coherence, and harmonization of RCCE activities within UNICEF emergency programme priorities as well as government emergency preparedness and response strategy, work planning and contingency planning processes.
- Reviewing/providing inputs into Early Warning, Early Action Systems, the Emergency Preparedness Platform and other UNICEF emergency preparedness and response mechanisms.
- Conducting and/or participating in comprehensive SBC situation analyses of social, cultural, economic and political issues in the region/relevant countries and assisting in the synthesis of behavioral data and evidence that informs the design of comprehensive and evidence based RCCE interventions in UNICEF emergency programming.
Qualification & Experience:
- An advanced university degree (Masters or higher) in one of the following fields: social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, education or another relevant technical field
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience of progressively responsible experience (including at least three years in the field to support SBC/RCCE preparedness and emergency response) at the national and international levels in one or more of the following areas is required: social development programme planning, Social & Behavior Change, public advocacy or another related area, with a focus on emergency
- Strong technical knowledge and previous experience in development and implementation of RCCE approaches.
- Proven skills in communication, data-driven communication planning and monitoring of social and behavior change processes and results.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset. Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- A basic understanding of UNICEF’s core commitments to children in humanitarian action, humanitarian principles, standards, coordination mechanisms, gender and diversity aspects of humanitarian work.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF Social and Behavior Change Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 21 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|