United Nations Secretariat Conflict Resolution Officer Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. United Nations Secretariat Kenya looking for “Conflict Resolution Officer”. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before 26th May 2022.
The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945. Currently made up of 193 Member States, the UN and its work are guided by the purposes and principles contained in its founding Charter. The UN has evolved over the years to keep pace with a rapidly changing world. But one thing has stayed the same: it remains the one place on Earth where all the world’s nations can gather together, discuss common problems, and find shared solutions that benefit all of humanity.
United Nations Secretariat Conflict Resolution Officer Jobs 2022
The United Nations Secretariat has published a job vacancy announcement on 17th May 2022 for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Conflict Resolution Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Secretariat|
|Position||Conflict Resolution Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||22|
|Experience Required||Minimum Seven years|
|Application Deadline||26th May 2022|
United Nations Secretariat Job Vacancy 2022
Job Responsibilities: Within limits of delegated authority and abiding by the principles of UNOMS, the Conflict Resolution Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide conflict resolution services to staff members and other personnel from the Resident Coordinator System with access to the Office of Ombudsman and Mediation Services with a view to resolving any workplace concerns they bring to the Office. Conflict resolution service may entail: option discussion, facilitation of dialogue; conflict coaching; shuttle diplomacy and referrals. The handling of cases is guided by ombudsman principles: of confidentiality, independence, neutrality and impartiality.
- Provide support to mediation processes under the guidance of the Regional Ombudsman and other Senior Officers as applicable. Liaise with the components of the administration of justice system and other stakeholders as needed.
- Provide systemic observations on factors underlying workplace issues in the Resident Coordinator System and support the Senior Conflict Resolution Officer (Systemic Issues) in further analysis.
- Undertake outreach missions as requested and provide conflict competence training to build capacity, enabling staff to constructively address conflicts.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Conflict Resolution Officer, P4 (Temporary Job Opening)
- Job Code Title: CONFLICT RESOLUTION OFFICER
- Department/Office: Office of the United Nations Ombudsman and Mediation Services
- Duty Station: NAIROBI
- Posting Period: 16 May 2022 – 26 May 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-Ombudsman-OMBUDSMAN-181482-J-Nairobi (X)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- An Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in conflict resolution, law, administration, human resources, social sciences or related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in conflict resolution, law, human resources, administration or social sciences is required.
- Experience providing conflict resolution or skill-building training is desirable.
- Experience working in the United Nations, or other similar international organization is desirable.
How to Apply United Nations Secretariat Conflict Resolution Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=181482
The Closing Date: 26th May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click To View|
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|