United Nations Secretariat Human Rights Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
United Nations Secretariat Kenya looking for “Human Rights Officer”.
Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 07 July 2023.
The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945. Currently made up of 193 Member States, the UN and its work are guided by the purposes and principles contained in its founding Charter. The UN has evolved over the years to keep pace with a rapidly changing world. But one thing has stayed the same: it remains the one place on Earth where all the world’s nations can gather together, discuss common problems, and find shared solutions that benefit all of humanity.
United Nations Secretariat Human Rights Officer Jobs 2023
The United Nations Secretariat has published a job vacancy announcement on 10 June 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Human Rights Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Secretariat|
|Position||Human Rights Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum of seven years|
|Application Deadline||07 July 2023|
United Nations Secretariat Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
Within delegated authority, the Human Rights Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Supports the work of the Great Lakes Judicial Cooperation Network and other relevant regional mechanisms.
- Prepares relevant human rights and judicial cooperation parts of reports for the Security Council, etc. notes on the status of implementation of human rights and judicial cooperation instruments, etc.
- Meets regularly with the UN staff, national and regional-level officials as well as Military and Police officers to plan projects and review project activities.
- Works with UN and non-governmental programmes in the country/region to integrate
- human rights, including their gender dimensions in their programs; helps design and implements the human rights program and designs the organization and focus of the evaluation.
- Ensures up-to- date information regarding substantive matters in the field of human rights and judicial cooperation and makes recommendations on actions to take by the Special Envoy in the context of his mandate.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in law, political science, international relations, social sciences or related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in human rights, political
- affairs, international relations, law or related area. or related field is required.
- Extensive experience in human rights monitoring and reporting experience is required.
- Experience in supporting regional intergovernmental mechanisms on promoting human rights and judicial cooperation is required.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply United Nations Secretariat Human Rights Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 07 July 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|