UNON Liaison Assistant Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNON Kenya looking for “Liaison Assistant”. Applicants with a High school diploma may apply on or before 20 October 2022.
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is one of four major United Nations office sites[a] where numerous different UN agencies have a joint presence. Established in 1996, it is the UN’s official headquarters in Africa. The United Nations Office at Nairobi also hosts the global headquarters for two programmes: the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat).
UNON Liaison Assistant Jobs 2022
The UNON has published a job vacancy announcement on 22 September 2022 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Liaison Assistant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||High school diploma|
|Experience Required||A minimum of seven (7) years|
|Application Deadline||20 October 2022|
UNON Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: Under the supervision of the Field Supervisor of the Host Country Services Unit, the incumbent will assist in carrying out the work programme of the Unit, deputize for the Field Supervisor in his/her absence and carry out assignments related to the Unit’s field operations.
Assists the Field Supervisor in carrying out the work programme of the Unit, applying the immigration, duty-free and tax exemptions provisions of the Host Country Agreement to subscribing United Nations Funds, Programmes and Specialized Agencies operating in Kenya as follows:
- Coordinates with relevant Government of Kenya (GoK) representatives (demonstrating tact, diplomacy, grimness and persistence – when necessary) to negotiate and solve sensitive and complicated problems. Escalate issues to the Field Supervisor, Host Country Services Unit (HCSU), if necessary
- Ensuring that information available to staff on immigration, duty -free, and VAT exemptions is updated immediately changes occur by keeping abreast of the daily press and maintaining regular contact with relevant GoK offices.
- Conducts briefings for new staff members on immigration formalities, duty-free and tax exemption privileges and vehicle registration, and ensure that the information is up-to-date; provide guidance to staff members in completing forms relating to the privileges and exemptions.
- Liaises daily with relevant GoK offices to ensure the timely processing of the following for the Organization and eligible internationally recruited staff members and their dependents: i. notification of arrival documentation and the issuance of diplomatic identity cards ii. PIN numbers; iii. issuance of re-entry passes and renewal of the same; iv. issuance of Kenya Entry Visas for meeting participants and Special Passes for agents of agencies in Kenya for special projects; v. duty free imports and purchase of duty-free liquor and tobacco (official /staff members); vi. issuance and renewal of interim and new Kenyan driving licenses; vii. registration of new/second hand vehicles, issuance of red number plates and retrieval of the same, transfer/disposal of used vehicles (official /staff members); viii. preparation of annual V.A.T. blanket exemptions for (official /staff members), V.A.T claims (official/staff members) ix. issuance of airport passes; x. processing of official fuel duty refunds from the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Updates HCSU Standard Operating Procedures when required.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Additional training in administration is desirable.
Passing the United Nations Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST. The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in administration or related area is required.
- Two years experience in the administration of host country services/protocol services is required
- Work experience in UN systems and procedures as they relate to the daily operations and administration of host country privileges is desirable.
- Experience with e-government systems such as IPMIS, NTSA/TIMS, eFNS and iTax is desirable.
- One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- Job Opening Number: 22-Political Affairs-UNON-181813-R-Nairobi (X)
- Selection Process: Interview
- Languages: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNON Liaison Assistant Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 20 October 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|