UNON Procurement Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNON Kenya looking for “Procurement Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 19 April 2023.
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is one of four major United Nations office sites[a] where numerous different UN agencies have a joint presence. Established in 1996, it is the UN’s official headquarters in Africa. The United Nations Office at Nairobi also hosts the global headquarters for two programmes: the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat).
UNON Procurement Officer Jobs 2023
The UNON has published a job vacancy announcement on 23 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Procurement Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||A minimum of five (5) years|
|Application Deadline||19 April 2023|
UNON Job Vacancy 2023
- Advises requisitioning units and recipient entities on the full range of procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stage of the procurement cycle.
- Formulates strategies and designs innovative solutions to resolve issues/ conflicts for complex procurement projects and establishes and maintains the work program and schedule for ongoing contracts and newly-planned ones.
- Prepares/oversees preparation and distribution of invitations to tender and manages/conducts all aspects of bid/proposal evaluations. Provides technical advice on procurement activities to officials of substantive units during all phases of procurement cycle.
- Establishes and maintains work program and schedule for ongoing contracts and newly planned ones.
- Participates in negotiations with senior supplier representatives; signs procurement orders up to the authorized limit, and, in cases where the amount exceeds authorized signature authority, prepares submissions to the Contracts Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official.
- Conducts market research to keep abreast of market developments; researches and analyzes statistical data and market reports on the world commodity situation, production patterns and availability of goods and services.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in supply chain management, procurement, business administration, commerce, engineering, law or related fields is required. A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the specified fields of studies in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, contract management or related area is required.
- At least three (3) years of direct first hand work in procurement is required out of which one year (1) or more must involve recent direct experience in procuring design and construction related services such as Renovations, New Build or Road Construction/Maintenance.
- Experience in managing large procurement cases for goods and services in a large international organization is desirable.
- Experience in procurement of building facilities and infrastructure related services is desirable.
- One (1) year experience supervising a procurement team is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNON Procurement Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 19 April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- UNEP Programme Management Officer Jobs
- World Bank Senior Digital Development Specialist Jobs
- UN Habitat Budget Officer Jobs
- UNDSS Security Coordination Officer Jobs
- UNON Administrative Assistant Jobs
- UNEP Scoping Consultant Jobs
- UNON Project Engineer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs