WFP Aviation Assistant Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. WFP Kenya looking for “Aviation Assistant”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 22 March 2023.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
WFP Aviation Assistant Jobs 2023
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 17 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Aviation Assistant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||World Food Programme (WFP)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Completion of secondary school education|
|Experience Required||At least five years|
|Application Deadline||22 March 2023|
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: To perform a range of coordination and administrative activities that contribute to the safe and effective air service to the humanitarian community.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive):
- Ensure compliance with WFP standards, including risk management processes, to support safe and effective air operations.
- Liaise with airport officials and other local authorities to obtain necessary clearances, documentation, and authorizations required for air operations.
- Carry out pre-flight actions to ensure that all registered passengers and cargo are safely carried on the flight, coordinating with the crew and escalating issues to a supervisor when necessary.
- Collate all post-flight documentation to confirm that flights have taken place and are in compliance with established conditions.
- Research, collate, and report on aviation-related information to enable decision-making, facilitate air transportation planning, execution, and reporting, and ensure contractual performance.
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in air traffic control, flight dispatch, aeronautical engineering, or related fields essential for Air Operations.
- At least five years of progressive work experience in dispatching flights from uncontrolled airfields.
- Experience in managing the customer service cell of General Aviation similar to that of UNHAS is an added advantage.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Aviation Assistant Jobs 2023
To apply for the position of Aviation Assistant with the United Nations World Food Programme, follow these steps:
- Review the job description and ensure that you meet the required qualifications, including completion of secondary school education and at least five years of work experience in dispatching flights from uncontrolled airfields.
- Prepare your resume or CV, highlighting your relevant experience and skills in air operations, risk management, and customer service.
- Write a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position and how your qualifications and experience make you a good fit for the role.
- Submit your application online through the UN WFP careers website, including your resume/CV and cover letter.
- After submitting your application, monitor your email for any updates or requests for further information.
Remember to showcase your attention to detail, ability to work in a team environment, and fluency in both oral and written English in your application. Good luck!
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- WHO National Health Financing Consultant Jobs
- Human Rights Watch Researcher Jobs
- UNEP Associate Programme Management Officer Jobs
- IRC Cash and Markets Assistant Jobs
- IRC Protection Case Assistant Jobs
- UNEP One Health Programme Officer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs
- Bioversity International Senior Research Associate Jobs