NRC Finance Officer Jobs 2021 – Kenya NGO Jobs. NRC Kenya looking for “Finance Officer”. Applicants with a degree in Bachelor Degree may apply on or before 11th Nov 2021.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental organisation that protects the rights of people affected by displacement. This includes refugees and internally displaced persons who are forced to flee their homes as a result of conflict, human rights violations and acute violence, as well as climate change and natural disasters.
NRC Finance Officer Jobs 2021
The NRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 30th Oct 2021 for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Finance Officer to be based in Kakuma, Turkana, Kenya.
|Recruiter||Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Location||Kakuma, Turkana, Kenya|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||11th Nov 2021|
NRC Job Vacancy 2021
Role and Responsibilities: To provide operational Finance support, budget monitoring, grant management and reporting of donor funds in NRC Kakuma
- Review coding of transactions and supporting documents to ensure their correctness as per the approved budget codes.
- Ensure, in coordination with the relevant project staff, that project expenses are incurred consistent with grant agreements and budgets.
- Monitor expenditures, planned costs, committed costs and identify cases of budget over-spent and under-spent to provide relevant information and advice to the budget holders for informed management decisions.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all files and transactions for grant requests, incomes, expenditures, accounting and closure at NRC Kakuma.
- Support Project Coordinators/Managers in proposal writing, and budget preparation and monitoring.
- Prepare periodic budget monitoring reports.
- Ensure that the Kakuma office consistently meets all donor and NRC rules and regulations pertaining to finance and procurement.
- Ensure that adequate financial management routines and systems are in place.
- Directly lead, manage and motivate the Finance Assistant (FA) – and ensure that she/he has a clear work plan and objectives and receive regular supervisions and reviews.
- Verify the accuracy, validity, legitimacy of all payments for completeness of financial documents, (purchase requests, work orders, pro forma invoices), proper coding and approval by responsible managers before payments are made. Ensure NRC creditors are paid promptly.
- Ensure weekly and monthly cash counts are made together with an independent senior manager. Work with Finance Assistant to compile cash requests into realistic cash forecast for review by Area Manager/Support Coordinator and Finance Manager by the 10th of every month.
- Review and verify submitted weekly returns from the Finance Assistant to ensure correct coding before submission to the Finance Coordinator by every Monday.
- Prepare and send monthly Cash and Bank reconciliations to Finance Manager Nairobi after review by SC and AM Kakuma.
Position in Organization:
- Job Identification: 3624
- Locations: Kakuma
- Apply Before: 11/11/2021, 07:11 PM
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Job Category: Finance
- Posting Date: 10/27/2021, 07:12 PM
- Degree Level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in a donor grants management role.
How to Apply NRC Finance Officer Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 11th Nov 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|